Not a good hair day .... it's raining ....

11th August 2017 (Friday) .... 08.30    Mmmmm .... we have rain, accompanied by a brisk wind, so not a very nice morning.    There were spits and spots
Overcast morning.

 when I  went up to the ‘Paper Shop’, but it was ‘proper’ rain by the time I got back to Ivy.    The bike is back in the shed... and I have the kettle ‘on’;   it looks like we’re in for a wet morning .... at least.



21.30    We did end up with some sunny spells after lunch;  however a few showers crept in during the evening to spoil it.    I set out to go up to the Pony Field/Quarry but saw a heavy shower coming my way, and remembered getting caught out up there not
Photogenic beach hut.
long ago;  so .... I went back to Ivy and had a cuppa!    The shower

didn’t touch the ‘Royal Burgh’.... ‘sod’s law’ I suppose .... I could have had my walk.   I’m ‘in residence’ now, and that’s where I’m going to stay  ... there’s another dark cloud towards the West.   I’ll get ‘up’ early in the morning and go out on the bike.

I’ve had a quiet day by my standards;   though I did a spot of gardening after the ‘broon bucket’ was emptied.   I did get the bike out in the afternoon, with the intention of going out, but the roads were busy, and it was fairly breezy;  that’s when I decided to do some gardening.   Not too much gardening .... I didn’t want to risk a muscle injury.... so I, unconsciously, ended up in the Hutte, where I did a Soduko;  and drank the cup of tea that I’d ‘unconsciously’ made, before I ‘unconsciously’ entered the Hutte.    Yep .... I can spell “unconsciously” after all!  
Peaceful Elie Bay.
   Nae red line!    Jimmy arrived later in the afternoon so I had to have another cup o’ tea ....I’ll need to get a kettle in the Hutte.

Apart from getting ‘up’ and ‘out’ in the morning, I have ‘nae plan’ .... the weather forecast is good for tomorrow;  “bright spells with the chance of a shower or two”:   I’m thinking positive ....  any showers that are around, will miss us.    If it is showery in the morning Sainsbury’s could be an attractive mission.


Photographs : Top – a grey sort of morning, Middle – the ‘end of the summer season’ look, and Bottom – peaceful Elie Bay ... this one was taken a few days ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....