Hmmmmm ..... it's raining

14th August 2017 (Monday) .... Jings, the Buddleia bush is looking wet and miserable this dreich morning:  we have steady rain, and only a breath of wind (from the south east), so the flower-heads are heavy, with water dripping orf the ends
Interesting sky over Edinburgh.
.... not a pretty sight.    The rain is forecast to become more ‘intermittent’ by the afternoon, with a small chance of some sightings of the sun:   this is definitely a good  “coffee in Sainsbury’s Cafe, followed by a shopping session” morning.    Must go, slight flap on...  not good when I’m going to have my BP checked.


21.00    The shopping trip to Leven was a good move ... it wasn’t raining in Leven, and the sun broke through the clouds.    That weather eventually moved along to Elie and Earlsferry, but not until after midday.... but it has been a funny kind of day with the weather... very unsettled.   I had an enjoyable ‘retail therapy’ session in Sainsbury’s, managing to remember everything that was on the list;   the list was at home,....  on the kitchen worktop!     It was raining when I got back to Ivy, but not to heavily:  which was handy because I had to ‘moor’ the car, a long way up the High Street .... near Castwell Wynd.

Elie Harbour.
My BP was fine, but it has been erratic so I’ve to keep an ‘eye on it’.... and make an appointment if it doesn’t settle down.    I’m just a ‘bag o’ nerves’.   In point of fact, The first thing the Nurse said was.... “you have a UTI”, so I am on a course of antibiotics to clear that up.    No wonder I’ve been feeling ‘under the weather’ for the past few days.

In the afternoon Jimmy and I were having a cuppa, in Ivy, when Jimmy had a brainwave;   “let’s go down to see Lorraine on this miserable looking afternoon .... she is bound to be missing us!”.    Into the car we leapt ... er crept ...and were down at the harbour in ‘nae time’ where Lorraine, who had been ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ with a view to scampering orf home;   was ever so glad to see us.   We lingered at Lorraine’s for a few minutes (45 or so) then we scampered out to the car so that Lorraine could get finished for the day. The
Evening time.

sacrifices we ‘boy’s’ have to make to keep the girls happy.    On the way back to Ivy, I called in at the Chemist to pick up the aforementioned antibiotics.

The weather is forecast to be brighter tomorrow... but we might have a random shower later in the day.

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow, but I want to get out on the bike... which I haven’t been able to do today.    I did have a walk down to the beach in the evening.


Photographs : Top – Edinburgh from Elie harbour... I must visit Edinburgh Castle and take a photo of Elie harbour from there! ....  Middle – Elie harbour, and Bottom, – this evening from Nana’s seat.     I’ve always wanted a model .... I didn’t expect a mutt!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....