It's dull ....

25th August 2017 (Friday) .... 10.00   There was a light shower when I was out this morning, and it looks like we could have some more rain by the look of the
Elie Church Memorial garden.
Western sky.... but that won’t last long and we’ll have sunny spells by late afternoon..... maybe.    I intend going out on the bike again so I need ‘sunny spells’.... or at least dry ones.    It looks like I’m going to be baking  sometime today.



21.00    It has been a mixed up weather day ;  we’ve had it all, rain, sunny spells and it has been ‘close’ (humid)... and, my activities today have been as mixed as the weather.   I did some biking, some baking, and some blethering;  Linda and John were out for a walk and stopped to chat on the way past Ivy ... I was in ‘mid bake’ at the time.    As we were talking Jimmy came past... he had aborted his visit to Chris as she was sleeping most of the time.    Linda and John continued with their walk, and I made Jimmy a cuppa.... and a sample
Elie Church tower from the end of the pier.
of the latest batch of Melting Moments. 

I was feeling slightly ‘down’ earlier in the evening so I went down to the beach for a walk:   it’s amazing how pottering along the beach raises the spirits.... I came off the beach feeling on top of the world.   I had the beach to myself, which was a surprise, until a family came down and walked along in the Elie direction.    I then realised that, after this weekend, I will have the beach to myself a lot of the time.... after all there are only 121 days until Christmas.    Jings it’s frightening how fast the weeks are rattling past.

I was talking to a lassie up at Chapel Green who was telling me that her sister in law has bought an electric bike.... and is finding it really enjoyable.    This has me thinking
Evening time on Earlsferry beach.
that I might get one for next summer.... it would make biking up to Kilbrackmont much easier on the legs.    I’ve been browsing various makes, and prices;   and there are a bewildering number of choices .... I’ll aim at the middle price range.  

A mix of ‘sunny spells and showers’ is forecast for tomorrow.... so it should be brighter that is was for a lot of today.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   but I will go out for some exercise early in the morning, then make a ‘plan’ over breakfast, depending on what the early weather is.


Photographs : Top – Elie Church Memorial garden, Middle – Elie Church tower from the end of the pier, and Bottom – evening time on the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....