Quiet morning ......

8th August 2017 (Tuesday) .... 12.00    ‘The Boy’ has been a busy one (boy) this morning.    It is a bonnie, and quiet morning;  almost feel like you have to speak in whispers.    I biked up to Chapel Green, and was making for the ‘Ness’ rocks when I
Working on the tenth green.
noticed a lady sitting taking in the ‘peace’, so I veered Northeast and went and went up to, and sat on the seat by the Chapel.   It was that kind of morning;  a ‘sit down on a rock, and let yourself drift into the scene’ morning.... enjoying the
ambiance that is Chapel Green on a morning like this.

After breakfast I biked to the surgery to set a date for my annual hypertension check up;   then came home by way of Elie estate.     On the way down Ferry Road I was overtaken by Chris, and his daughter Sophie  who had ‘done’ 26 kilometres... it’s good to see everyone enjoying the East Neuk each in their own way;  I am especially happy seeing Chris and Sophie doing the ‘runs’ that I once did in the morning.    I used to say to Maggie “I’m orf to get the paper”... and bike along to Crail to get a paper there!   Those were the days.    It will be 8 years since Maggie died, on the 18th of this month;  it seems like it only happened ‘yesterday’. 

21.30    I can hardly believe it .... we’ve had a day without rain!    A day without any moisture..... does this mean that we now have to worry about a hosepipe ban?    You
Kinneuchar loch.
will have deduced that we have had a nice day ... all day!   Having said that;  the wind went round to the North East in the evening, so it has been on the cool side of cool.
This has also been one of those days that was over in ‘nae time’ .... and yet I don’t seem to have done much.    I did  organise a BP appointment with Laurie  (Hypertension Nurse) next Monday,  so I’d better do relaxing things for a few days.    The trip to St Andrews was a quick one;   I was taken, and out, 10 minutes before my appointed time!   Oh ... and I moved the ‘broon bucket’ into the front garden ready to go ‘out’ on Friday.

Tomorrow is forecast to be ‘bright and breezy’ .... and dry!   Two days without rain?
Red Admiral.
    No .... that can’t be;  this is ‘Bonnie Scotland’!

Jim and Jimmy came down for our Tuesday,  ‘talking about things’ local evening local:  Heather and Alistair, who are on holiday, dropped in, so we had a wider than usual range of subjects.


Photographs : Top –  the tenth green, Middle – Kinneuchar loch, and ...  Bottom -  Red Admiral butterfly.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....