Medieval sand castle ....

7th August 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30    It’s a lovely morning so I decided to go down to the beach, .... instead of poodling round the villages on the bike (I’ll do that
Medieval sand castle!

later), which I have been doing recently.   What did I find on the beach? .... non other that the remains of a ‘medieval’ sand castle!    I must go down in the evening to see if there’s a ‘new’ one in its place!

There are a few big clouds beginning to roll over;   this is not good as I have a washing out.    We may not get any showers, but, going by the past few days, there’s a good chance that we will!  

  
Wet sand = reflections.
20.30    It took me nigh on four years to realise that one does not do a washing on a rain forecast, ...  I now know what ‘drying days’ are for!   It has taken a further four years for me to be able to get back at Ivy in time to take the washing ‘in’ when there’s a shower on the way.   This I timed to perfection today:   and the ‘dry’ washing has been ironed.    Having said that we have had a nice day, apart from the one shower that I did beat!

This was the last day of the Largo Camera Club Exhibition in the ‘Sailing Club’ .... I met some very interesting members of the Largo Camera Club... and got a lot of tips from them.    It would be an interesting ‘Club’ for me to join.... they organise photography challenges, then discuss each other’s photographs of place/subject;   that is good because you find out how others view ‘your’ work;  this ‘mild criticism’ leads to improvement.   Tonight I am going to ‘practice’ converting colour photographs to black and white, having had a few tips on this subject, from Camera Club member David Pirie.

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment in St Andrews Hospital re my PSA reading,
Early dog walkers.
which has been above what it ought to be:  but has been coming down.   I’m hoping the downward trend has persisted.    I’m feeling frolicsome, but would like a decent spell of summer weather;  I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting that!
I might amble down to the beach after this ‘update’... the showers appear to have faded out.

Photographs : Top – Medieval sand castle ruin?   Middle – wet sand, and Bottom – early morning dog walkers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....