Lovely morning ....

6th August 2017 (Sunday) .... 10.00    The ‘auld place’ is looking gorgeous, on what is a lovely, ‘bright and sunny’ morning.    Sadly the weather forecast for the
"Pursuit" (St Monans) setting a creel in the trinq.

afternoon is .... ‘rain’;  so nothing new there then! .... and... this probably means that I’ll get wet .... again!     Anyway ... forget the weather;  when I was up at Chapel Green the creel boat "Pursuit", from St Monans came into the ‘trinq’ to set a creel:  it’s not often I see them in there....  it was a small, ‘old style’ boat, perfect for photographs!    

20.00    Once again the best  weather was in the early part of the ‘day’... up to 13.00  more or less;  then it started to cloud over,... eventually beginning to rain, on and off, about 14.00 .... as per weather forecast.    It looks like clearing away to a better late evening sometimes, but I wouldn’t bet on it.    The forecast for tomorrow is slightly better .... more sunny spells... but I’m
Earlsferry from Chapel Ness.
going to wait to see what’s happening with the tomorrow’s weather, before I make a ‘plan’.    This has been a disappointing ‘summer’ so far;   however we might get a more settled spell, with loads of sunshine, in September.

I got a pleasant surprise at the sailing Club today.... there were prizes for the winners.    I won two tickets for a trip out on Mike’s RIB;  the trip take’s in Kincraig Cliffs, Wester Voes seals, Lady’s tower... and along to St Monans.    I’m looking forward to that.... but who do I take with me?   A big ‘Thank You” to the business’s who donated the prizes, to Largo Camera Club and the Sailing club who, between them, organised the Exhibition.    Especial thanks to Marilyn (Club Commodore), who makes
"Whimbrel" leaving harbour.
really tasty scones by the way, and Lorraine ;  who both put in a power of work in front of, and behind the scenes.

There was much going on at the harbour today, especially when the weather was ‘bright sunny and warm’:  in fact the wind dropped away and we had reflections of everything on and around the water.   I managed to get a few photographs.
Today I was able to avoid getting wet, .... by keeping a ‘weather eye open’ and acting in time to get home before the rain.


Photographs : Top – “Pursuit” setting a creel, Middle – Earlsferry from Chapel Ness,  Bottom – “Whimbrel” leaving harbour. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....