Retail therapy morning ....

22nd August 2017 (Tuesday)  .... 08.00    I’d say that this is a perfect ‘retail therapy’ morning;   it’s grey and wet looking.... not actually raining, but the
Elie Bay.
East wind has brought a bank of cloud in from the North Sea so we could have Scotch Mist:  yes, this definitely calls for evasive action.  Sainsbury’s it is this morning;   and, with a bit of luck, the weather might improve by afternoon, so that I can get out to play work.   


 11.30    Oh my word ... that was one enjoyable morning of ‘retail therapy’.      I remembered to take the list with me today,....  but that didn’t hamper me one little bit!   The ‘Emergency Ration’ tin is full to the ‘eyeballs’, and, I found new things that I haven’t tried before.   Yes I did enjoy myself in Sainsbury’s:   I had to go up to the Cafe to recover from ‘checking out’.... oh it was my favourite Check out lassie .... I might be ‘in love’ actually.   
Earlsferry.
Anyway I had a good time... and I remembered to get Cornflakes ... a major ingredient in Melting Moments. 


21.30     Although overcast for most of the day, it has been warm and humid ... almost as if it is building up to thunder;  in fact the sky has been an ominous grey for most of today.    I went down to the beach in the afternoon .... sat down on “Nana’s seat” and relaxed.     The beach was busier than I expected it to be, with the usual mix of folk, some  walking dogs, and others just out for a walk, .... oh ... and a couple of young folk playing around in the water.   I didn’t think it was that warm, but they were wearing ‘wet’ suits and wouldn’t feel cold.   When I think about it  wasn’t cold, because
Elie.
I was down there without a jacket;   I did have one tied round my waist just in case it did rain.

According to the weather forecasters we are going to waken up to rain tomorrow morning, but it should brighten up later in the afternoon.   Jimmy was on the phone saying that he was short of his ‘porridge’ cartons so, I might be shopping again, this time in the ‘Bargain Store’, because that’s where Jimmy buys his porridge cartons,. ... and, we’ll probably ‘cross the road’ and have a cuppa in Sainsbury’s.    If the weather doesn’t clear up in the afternoon I’ll make some Melting moments now that I have all the ingredients.

Photographs : the beach this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....