"Outreach" meeting ... and it's not a good hair day.

5th June 2017 (Monday) .... 08.30   We have a very ‘dreich’ start to the morning;   however the forecast is for the rain to be replaced by ‘sunshine and
Earlsferry.
showers’ around midday.    This is a perfect morning for an Outreach meeting;   and I am ready to ‘go’ but I have an  annoying cough, that should  settle down after my tubes clear.



18.30     The morning rain did move on, and was replaced by showers after lunch.    Thunder showers later in the afternoon.    The thunder passed to the West and North of us, but we caught the edge of the showers, and heard the rumbles.

I went down to the beach after the Outreach Meeting:   I should attend more Outreach Meetings, they are interesting:   I don’t contribute very much but help where I can.  It had stopped raining when the meeting ended, so I went home and picked up a camera, then down to the beach for a walk.   I thought I’d have the beach to myself but no .... there were walkers with dogs, walkers without dogs ... and me.   It is HM The Queen’s ‘official’ birthday today,  but I didn’t think it was a holiday.    The Monarch has had an ‘official’ birthday since 1748 when it was started by George II because he was born in
Elie
November and thought the November weather was not suitable for ‘Trooping the Colour’.     I don’t think this is why ‘my’ beach was busy today;  I think there must be schools on holiday.

Jimmy and I were sitting in the Hutte when the thunder began to roll this afternoon, but the nearest ‘strike to the Royal Burgh was off Ruddon’s Point.    We did get some spectacular cloud formations and I took a few photos, but haven’t yet looked at them.    The thunder storms appear to be petering out, though the sky is still heavy looking to the West of us.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is not good.... rain, on and off, for most of the day.
Elie beach.
   I have no plans for tomorrow, but if I feel ‘fine’ I might go to Leven for a haircut, especially if it is raining.... it will pass the time, on what looks like being a ‘bad bad hair day’.    Growing old is a challenge, even more so when you are on your own. 
   I’m updating the Hutte in the early evening, before folks begin to ‘stream’ films etc;   when that (streaming) starts the hub is forever switching off and on.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry, Middle – Elie, and Bottom – Elie beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....