Catastrophic tower block fire .....

14th June 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    Once again the UK headline News’ is catastrophic:   this time it’s a tower block in the Kensington area of London
Elie Lighthouse.
....   the ‘Grenfell Tower’ .... going up in flames in the middle of the night .   It is horrifying to watch the speed at which the flames spread,  trapping people in the storeys above the source of the fire.   I’m ‘in shock’ just watching this on the ‘News’ ..... I can’t begin to imagine what it must feel like, to all the people of Kensington, and London .... to them this is not ‘another News story’, ‘they’ are the ‘News;   my thoughts and prayers are with them.  


  20.00     I am absolutely shattered tonight;   I went up to Elie twice on the bike, and that must have been too much too soon, while recuperating from ‘the bug’.    It will be another early night for ‘The Boy’ tonight.    Having said that;  we’ve had a bonnie day, with no wind, so, with the sea being like a ‘mirrah’ loads of reflection photos.   I went down to the harbour and wandered about on the rocks, so I think I have just overdone it today.   Tomorrow is going to be a ‘lazy day’ weeding the garden.     Ivy weeds are easy to pull... I leave them until they have grown tall, so that I don’t have go down on
Elie - from the harbour rocks.
my knees to pull them.    I had a visit from two Bull Finches yesterday .... they were eating the flower heads off some kind of weed.    I think it was a weed.

   
Today’s ‘Friendship Lunch’ was the last one before the ‘summer’ break;   they start again in September.    The ‘Drop in cafe’ breaks for the ‘summer’ at the end of this month:   the way things are going I’ll have to make my own ‘Coffee Mornings’ in The Hutte.   Except it will be tea.

 “Auntie Johan”, died the other day;  she is the last of our ‘Aunties and Uncles’ and was the wife of ‘Uncle Dod’ my Dad’s brother.    I remember Uncle Dod giving me a ‘bar’ on his bike (there was a cushions tied to the bar, all the way from Birse (Aboyne) to Tarland when I was ... well must have been about four years old.    Everyone
Earlsferry from Elie Harbour.
enjoyed visiting Auntie Johan,  (Uncle Dod died a number of  years ago) because, not only was she cheery company, she was an excellent baker of ‘goodies’.    Janet and I are going up to the funeral on Friday... assuming that I am feeling capable of driving that far:   all the driving will be in ‘daylight’ at least.

Photographs : Top – Elie Lighthouse, Middle – Elie Bay from the harbour rocks, and Bottom – ‘The Royal Burgh’, and Williams-burgh,  from Elie harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....