General Election ....

8th June 2017 (Thursday) .... The sky has clouded over in the last hour, with rain forecast by midday.    I went out early;  only as far as the ‘Oak House’.... would
Elie harbour from the Cockstail Rocks.
you believe it? .... without a camera.    Jimmy wanted me to measure how far it is from the North Lodge to the ‘Oak House’, a  distance that he occasionally walks.    It is , there and back, almost “iggzactly” one mile.    I am now having a cuppa before I go down to the beach for a walk.... with a camera. 


20.30    We have had a dreich day, since 10.15 this morning... the rain began when I was down on the beach .... and finally cleared away about an hour ago.    Luckily we had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ to brighten up the afternoon.   ‘The Boys’    had two pots of tea each;   two teapots were necessary because the conversation covered a wide selection of
Morning.
subjects;   subjects from “Robbie” being totally colour coordinated, through to the ‘curative’ effects of  smoking cannabis... and how a gentleman (from St Monans) eased the pain of piles ... er haemorrhoids, by sitting on a hot radiator.    It’s an interesting place is the ‘Boy’s Table’ at the Drop in Cafe ... or any Coffee Morning.


On my way down to the beach I stopped to speak to the painters who are working in Ferry Wynd;    I thought I heard ‘Scrawny Bag’....  and I had.    She was at my feet;  having followed me down from Ivy.    I went back home and gave her some more food;   I think the painters are also feeding her now. 
  
The beach was busier than I expected it to be;  mostly holiday makers.   It is good that the villages are busier most of the year now.    It used to be that they were nigh on
Evening.
empty for nine months of the year.

The beach is fairly busy for this time of day, with folk, like me, out enjoying a bonnie evening, albeit cool.    The wind has dropped, but is from the Northerly direct... that is forecast to change to westerly by tomorrow morning.    Tomorrow is going to be brighter... it won’t take much to be brighter than today right enough .... damp and grey first thing then showers after midday(ish).


Photographs : Top – Elie harbour from the Cockstail Rocks, Middle –  this morning, and Bottom – evening time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....