Feeling brighter ....

11th June 2017 (Sunday) .... 08.30    Hmmmm ....I feel ‘brighter’, but I’m not going to Church, because I have a horrid cough, and can’t risk having a ‘coughing
Busy Elie beach.
spasm’ in the Kirk.     At least the coughing is clearing my ‘airways’ so I do feel mair ‘positive’ this morning.    I’ll go for a walk in the fresh air;  that said, the sky is heavily overcast and looks like it’s going to rain.    It had better be a short walk.



12.30     There is much happening on the beach ;  sand castles being built, kite flown, joggers, walkers, with and without dogs .... a busy and relaxing scene.    I made  my way along the edge of the tide, all the way along to School Wynd... then retraced my steps when a few spits and spots of rain fell.    It, the rain,  never came to anything, and we have a ‘mostly bright and sunny’ day now, but there is a ‘showery’ look to the sky.

This time yesterday I had a headache with coughing, but my airways are clearing  better today, and .... no headache:  I’m hoping that I am finally getting rid of this virus.

Elie.
19.00     This has been a restful day for me;  though I did have a decent walk in the morning.    We had some blustery showers in the afternoon, so I pottered around Ivy, watched the ‘News’ (mostly about the General Election), and had ‘50’.    I must have been sound asleep because Jimmy phoned to tell me that he’d been along in the afternoon and rang the doorbell but I never heard it.   He had spent most of his afternoon down at the Sailing Club, where he picked up loads of ‘exciting information’.... but has forgotten it.   This is good ... and another advantage of growing old .... you can hear the same ‘news’ three times and it’s ‘new’ each time.    I wonder ....when a goldfish is swimming round a bowl; does it think it’s crossing a huge lake? 
It looks like late evening time is going to be the best part of the day again;  if so I’ll go for a walk.     The ‘heavy showers’ are still rattling over, but we do get spells of blue
Elie.
sky in between:   what I want is a long spell of blue sky.... like 6 weeks... long enough to be called “Summer”.

I’m having another early night tonight... and I’ll have a ‘Janice Toddie’ tonight:   I forgot to have one last night.    The book I’m reading is one of those ‘can’t put it down’ kind;   which is why I forgot the toddie last night.


Photographs : all three taken on Elie beach this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....