Feeling frolicsome ... with a touch of skittish ....

7th June 2016 (Wednesday) .... 09.30    Mmmmm .... I have a washing going through in anticipation of a decent ‘drying day’.    It is certainly windy enough, and the
Elie.
rain of the last 36 hours has moved away... but there are threatening clouds about,....  though rain is not forecast until tomorrow afternoon.    I’ll daunder along for the papers, by the time I get back the washing will be ready to hang out.


20.00    I think I may have overdone it a bit today;   I enjoyed being ‘on my bike’ again in the morning, and decided to have a walk round Gillingshill in the afternoon.    Gillingshill, a Local Nature Reserve up at Arncroach, has walks of varying length and I did the ‘middle’ distance one... probably about a mile long.  It’s a bonnie place, and was warm today, sheltered from the breeze.    It does have some wee ‘hilly’ bits, and I think that was what tired me out.    I’ll sleep well tonight.     I’d taken the car up to Colinsburgh to get fuel, and went up to Gillingshill after that.    It has been a bonnie day, though it
Gillingshill Nature Reserve.
was windy.... especially in the morning;   when I think of it I had to bike home against the wind.... nae wonder I’m tired.

Gillingshill was very quiet this afternoon;   I think I had the place to myself... apart from the wildlife i.e.    I had an pleasant walk, though I should have left my jacket in the car;  there was no cooling breeze along the ‘valley’ paths.

We have the General Election tomorrow and the weather forecast is of the is ‘not very exciting’ kind;   windy from, the East, cloudy but dry at first, with rain, moving in about midday, and lasting through until evening time:  we could have a bonnie sunset.    Sunrise time tomorrow morning will most likely be depressing.... I’m already ‘fed up’ of ‘Brexit’, and that, we’re supposed to believe, is
Gillingshill.
what this General Election is all about.     I’m more worried about the State Pension, and the NHS.

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow, is to get ‘up and out’ early, assuming it isn’t too windy.    I’ll bike round the Estate where I’ll be sheltered from the light , I hope, East wind.


Photographs : Top – Elie High Street and shopping area, Middle and Bottom – Gillingshill Nature reserve path.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....