Feeling skittish ....

30th June 2017 (Friday) ....Mmmmm .... it is grey and wet but not as ‘wet’ as yesterday;  today we have Scotch Mist blowing through on the Northerly wind.    We
This old dog enjoyed munching into a piece of seaweed
might end up with a bonnie evening!     I’m going to go to Leven;  I need a few bits and pieces before the weekend.


   14.00    We can see the other side of the Firth today, the first time we’ve been able to do that for a couple of days.    Although overcast, it is at least dry .... and, warmer than it has been.    Where is HMS Queen Elizabeth now that the visibility has improved?.... somewhere in the North Sea off Aberdeen!


My trip to Leven was ‘short’ and effective;   I got all the ‘bits and pieces’ that I wanted... and a few succulents for “Puku”.    I was back in ‘residence’ by 09.30.... in plenty of time to have a cuppa ready for Jimmy, after his ‘Alice’s seat’ walk.
I went down to the beach after Jimmy went home.   It was pleasant .... and the beach
The Cockstail rocks - Earlsferry.
was busy with dog walkers.   When I think of it, this weekend will be the start of the ‘holiday season’ .... the villages will be full to the ‘gunnels’ (gunwales) by tomorrow evening, which is good,  ... but parking the car becomes stressful.


20.00    I am glad that I went down to the beach before lunch;   the wind brought in Scotch Mist from the North sea in the afternoon and it was miserable for a while.   I did think that we’d have a bonnie evening but that doesn’t look like happening now.... at least the ‘Scotch Mist’ has stopped.
With the weather deteriorating as it did, I pottered about around Ivy;  feeding the birds etc.  Three young blackbirds are hanging around, as are the parents;   but the Robins, “Blob” and Blobette” haven’t been seen for a few days ... and neither has the thrush family.

Tomorrow I have the ‘Balcarres Walk’, organised by the Outreach Committee  (of which I am a member) of the local church.   The walkers meet in Colinsburgh Town
Earlsferry.
Hall at 10.00 for coffee/tea, then walk round Balcarres estate, finishing back at Colinsburgh Town Hall for the ‘feast’ part of the walk.   I am not doing the walking part, I’d be too slow, but I will take the car up to North Lodge and ‘do my bit’ up there;  my ‘job’ is to warn the folks on the walk when a vehicle is approaching:  the walk includes 200 metres on the Colinsburgh to Largoward road.    I then bumble my way back to Colinsburgh and have a cuppa.


Photographs : Top – This old dog was enjoying a bit of seaweed, Middle  and Bottom – the ‘Cockstail Rocks, Earlsferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....