Hmmmmm .... it's dreich oot!

27th June 2017 (Tuesday) ....  09.00   Even if  HMS Queen Elizabeth, was tied up to a mooring buoy at the Cockstail Rocks I don’t think I’d go down to take a
Bedraggled peony rose.
photo;  it’s that kind o’ day!    We have rain, on an East wind, so really dreich.    HMSQE sailed out of the Firth overnight, and is now doing ‘Sea trials’ off the mouth of the Firth, accompanied by HMS Sutherland;  at this time they are off Dunbar, and should be visible when/if the weather improves.

I have no plans for today;  none that involves going out, in this weather, anyway.    Jimmy did intend going to Leven for a haircut, but that might be ‘on hold’ until the sun breaks through.   That might not be today by the look of the sky.


The beach.
15.30     For some stupid reason I went down to the beach.... and got wet.    Unsurprisingly I was the only one down there;  no dog walkers...no walkers... and no joggers even.     When I think of it, I didn’t even see a seabird... and they like wet.    It is not a nice day for walking.    I sheltered behind a beach hut, to enjoy a few minutes of ‘being out’... and ‘took’ a few ‘wet look’ photos.   This weather is to continue for the remainder of ‘today’, but is should be brighter for a time tomorrow.
 

With being more or less stuck in Ivy I have been watching the News on the tele, where much is being made of the Government being  supported by the DUP.    This is ‘democracy’?    Bring back the warm sunny days of summer! .... I wouldn’t have to watch the tele! 

   22.00    Well .... the weather has been rather depressing all day, but I think it is
Earlsferry Beacon ... with something large beyond,  sneaking up the Firth!
supposed to clear up a bit tomorrow;   it’s to be cloudy with the wind from the east and dry(ish) most of the time.

I managed to get a photograph of HMS Queen Elizabeth going up to anchor off Kirkcaldy for ‘the night’:   it’s not a brilliant photo, it was raining at the time and ‘she’ was out in the middle of the Firth.    However I did get ‘her’ with the Beacon in the foreground.... which is the kind of photograph I wanted.     I should get some decent photos, after the weather clears, if she comes into Largo Bay every night. 
Photographs : Top – wet peony roses, Middle -  wet beach, and Bottom – wet “HMS Queen Elizabeth”.    Everywhere, and ‘thing’,  was ‘wet’ today!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....