Damp .....

29th June 2017 (Thursday) .... 09.00    If I had money I’d stay in and count it this morning ..... it’s windy, wet and cold outside;  definitely not a day for the
Wet morning on Elie beach.
beach.    However, I have seen small patches of paler grey, in the general greyness, so I’d expect the rain to clear away later:  until then I’ll do some ‘ousework, and drink copious amounts of tea.    We have been short of sunshine so far this summer, and running out of days to have a ‘summer’, so I’m thinking of taking a daily Vitamin ‘D’ pill;  usually I don’t do this until winter time.    Must ‘go’ slight flap on .... need another cup o’ tea.


10.30    It is definitely not a morning for the beach .... I've been there!

Links Road Earlsferry.
20.30    Thankfully we had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ to brighten up our day;  because it has been one wet and miserable one... ‘day’ i.e.     The ‘Cafe’ was busy, with lots of happy banter.... and ....  strawberry tarts were on the menu’.    Jim and Myra took me along to the ‘Cafe’:   Jimmy brought me home.   On the way home I ‘photographed’ my way round the ‘wet’ villages from Jimmy’s car.

Friday (tomorrow) is forecast to be ‘cloudy but dry’... with a brisk, North-easterly wind, therefore it will not feel like summer;  in fact it, the wind, may bring light rain in from the North Sea for a while.    The wind is to ‘back’ to the Westerly on Saturday... and .... it is to be warmer, with sunny spells.

Tomorrow I hope to get out for a daunder along the beach at some time during the
The road down to Elie harbour.
day;  if this weather continues Seasonally Affected Disorder might have kicked in.   Luckily Michael fitted LED lamps in Ivy;  they brighten up the rooms and ‘kick SAD into touch’.


Photographs : Top – it was raining so this photo taken from the lee of a beach hut, Middle – Links Road Earlsferry, and, Bottom – the ‘road’ to the harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....