Much dampness ......

10th June 2017 (Saturday) .... 08.00    There’s a light rain, ...and much wetness this morning, not a bonnie start to Saturday .... but, being positive, there isn’t
The beach at 11.00.
any dust in the air.   The rain should clear away by midday to leave us with showers.... and spells of sunshine.    At least it’s sunny and warm in London ..... after the General Election calamity, Mrs May needs ‘bright, sunny and warm’.   


22.30    The late afternoon and evening has once again been the best part of the day:  the rain did move away after lunch, but the sun didn’t break through until about 15.00:  I had a washing on the line the sun was very welcome.

I biked along to the ‘shops’, after the rain stopped, for a paper and some ‘tautties’.... I also bought Lemsip at the Chemist.    I cannot shake off this ‘bug’ at all.    One day I feel better the next I take a step backward:  however the general trend is ‘slow improvement’.... but the cough is annoying.    Tonight I’ll have a hot bath, and a ‘Janice Toddie’ before bedtime, .   The ‘plan’ was to go to the Kirk tomorrow, it’s Communion at Kinneuchar, but that now depends on how I feel.    I’ll be glad to get rid of this ‘bug’.
 
The villages from Chapel Ness.
With the evening being so bonnie I went for a walk along the beach and out to the 11th green then home via Sea Tangle road and the Ferry High street.  I had to take it easy because my ‘tubes’ are stuffed, but I really enjoyed being out in, what was, warm evening sunshine.   It really is a lovely evening.    The villages are busy;  I like to see folk enjoying themselves on ‘my’ beach!     I met a lady walking her dog;   and she was one happy, friendly dog, and liked having her lugs scratched ... even dogs enjoy the ‘Elie and Royal Burgh’ air!    The lady was friendly too but I didn’t scratch her lugs!
I saw in the local Community Council minutes that “a member of the public” had complained about the Saltire flag being flown.    This is sad:  we do live in Scotland and there is nothing wrong with flying the Scottish Flag;  indeed we should be proud to do so.    When I’m down in England (Sussex) I see the cross of St George (the English flag) being flown all over the place, including cities.       The Union Flag is the flag of
Looking North from the seat on the 12th tee.
the United Kingdom .... the individual countries of the United Kingdom, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales  have their individual flags and are proud of them!   I’ll be flying the Maori flag tomorrow!     If it isn't raining!


Photographs : Top – the beach this morning, Middle – the villages from Chapel Ness, and Bottom – looking North from the seat on the 12th tee.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....