Coffee Morning ....

17th June 2017 (Saturday) ..... 09.00    It’s one of those ‘get up and go’ mornings;   and I’m feeling very frisky after a really good night’s sleep.    I haven’t been anywhere yet but I will have a quick walk down to the beach before the Episcopal Kirk Coffee morning.


14.30    Oh dearie me.... it’s 24c in Ivy garden;   this is ‘mauchless’ temperatures.     I
Ann, with Cousin David's daughters.
was working in the garden but decided to have a siesta until the heat of the day passes.     Of course this is abnormal weather for ‘Bonnie Scotland’  .... we’re more used to cold fronts and rain..... but,  we’ll manage to cope I’m sure.     In fact we could be doing with a few weeks of this;  I know that could adapt to a siesta life style nae bother;  I have my sunhat!


21.00    It has been a gorgeous, ‘bright, sunny and hot’ day ... and I think it is to be ‘bright and sunny’ again tomorrow, but not as hot:  both ‘the sunhat’, and sun cream, are back in use.
First thing this morning Jimmy had to go along to Leven to get some clothes for Chris;   we were in Leven before 09.00, and back at the East Neuk Trinity Kirk Hall, in time for the Coffee Morning.    From the ‘CM’ we went down to the Sailing Club to watch the activities around the harbour.   

Cousin John with lovely Elma.... his wife.
When the sun was at its hottest in the afternoon, I went inside and decided to make a crumble with the rhubarb I bought at the Coffee Morning.    First I downloaded a ‘crumble’ recipe, checked that I had all the ingredients, which I had, then got started.    After I had mixed everything I began to think that there was an awfie lot o’ ‘stuff’ to go into the medium casserole dish .... big one it had to be;   and it was level to the top.    It was about this time in the proceedings that I decided to check the recipe again and found out it was for 12 servings.   Anyhow I bunged the dish into the oven, and 45 minutes later brought it out, looking highly edible, .... and it is;  it tastes delicious.   I hope rhubarb crumble is suitable for freezing.

Today was HM The Queen’s ‘Official Birthday’ and the ‘Birthday Honours List’.   Today’s list has two Elie and Earlsferry residents on it:   Robert  (“Bob”) Mitchell, Emeritus Curator at St Andrews Botanical Gardens, who got the MBE  for services to Horticulture and Horticultural education;  and Mrs Denise  Burgin, Sessional Supervisor for Parentline Scotland who was awarded the BEM.     Congratulations to
Busy Elie beach this lunchtime.
both... and I know that the citation does not take into account all the ‘other stuff’ they do, both in the local Community, ..... and further afield.

I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   I still have this annoying cough, but the bouts of coughing are slowly becoming shorter.    Last night I slept from 22.00 through to 05.30, and finally extricated myself from bed at 06.50.    Another good night’s sleep and I should have recovered, from both the virus (or whatever it was) and the driving yesterday.

Photographs : Top – second cousins once removed, Middle – John and Elma, and Bottom – busy Elie beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....