London Bridge terrorist attack .....

4th June 2017 (Sunday) ... 09.30    The ‘News’ of another terrorist attack, this time in London, has me in a state of ‘shock’;   my thoughts and prayers, are with
"Nautica"
 the families of those killed, injured, and affected by this atrocity.   Innocent people, enjoying ‘time out’ in one of the World’s bonniest cities, suddenly find themselves in the middle of what must appear like a ‘war zone’... albeit for a short period of time, ..... but a lifetime for all those caught up in it.   We live in sad, and sometimes downright evil, times.


Up here in Elie and Earlsferry, 450 miles away from London, we have a ‘bright and sunny’ morning, a bonnie morning in fact, .... a morning for getting out and doing something we enjoy.   I am feeling a bit better, but have a bad cough so it’s another day of staying out of everyone’s way for me.


21.30   Our ‘bright and sunny’ morning became a nice, ‘bright and sunny’ day, and the villages have been busy with holiday makers enjoying it.    After breakfast, and watching the horrific News from London, I went up to Chapel Green and pottered around on the Chapel Ness rocks ... then went home and had a cuppa in the Hutte.   
Earlsferry
Most of the remainder of the morning was spent watching the News.

When Jimmy came along, in the afternoon,  we went to Leven to get “Blob and Co” food.   We decided that we’d go down to the Sailing Club  (Elie) for a cuppa, and a blether... rather than go to Sainsbury’s cafe.   The harbour area was busy with sightseers, but with the tide being out there wasn’t much happening on the water.

In the evening I went out for a run in the car, the intention being to fill up with fuel at Colinsburgh, but I forgot to take money with me so that didn’t happen;   I did enjoy the run up to Kinneuchar, where I discovered that I’d forgotten my wallet;  so I went back
Evening time
to ‘Ivy’ via Balbuthie Loan.

The weather forecast for the next couple of days is not ‘bright and sunny’.... it’s windy and wet, especially on Tuesday.   I’m hoping to be able to be fit enough to attend a meeting tomorrow morning;  but won’t go if I’m coughing and spluttering.

Photographs : Top – the Cruise ship ‘Nautica’ going up the south side of the Firth to Leith  Middle – the West end of The Ferry beach, and Bottom – evening time. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....