Feeling frolicsome .....

15th June 2017 (Thursday) .... 08.30     It’s ‘bright and breezy’ just now, with light rain/showers forecast for later.    I’m going to Leven to, hopefully, get my
Part of 'The Terrace, Elie.
haircut;  it depends on how busy the hairdresser is.
    It’s not vital that I have my haircut, but it could be doing with a ‘tidy up’ for Auntie Johan’s funeral tomorrow.   I am now in ‘slight flap on’ mode.

20.30    Thursday is not the best day to go to the Hairdresser;   they are busy with ladies getting their hair done for the weekend etc.     However I was in Leven before 09.00, and managed to get ‘done’ before the busy time, although there was already one lady getting some kind of ‘treatment’ which involved stuff painted onto aluminium foil, then her hair was rolled into the aluminium:    when it comes to hair,  it is complicated being a ‘girl’.

Instead of going to Stuart’s for a cuppa and a scone, (which is what I’d normally do) I caught a bus to Kirkcaldy;  I wanted  a new white shirt, and there’s nae place in Leven where you can buy that, now that Cumming’s is long ‘gone’, so I went to Mark’s and
Lone photographer on the beach.
Spencer (Kirkcaldy) because I know that they always have a good choice of shirts..... and do a good Victoria Sponge cake.  

We had the ‘drop in Cafe’ this afternoon .... which was not quiet in decibels, though it was a wee while before the hall filled up.  Heavy clouds were beginning to build by ‘Cafe’ time, but I took a chance and biked along... not only that, I’d washed the ‘new shirt’ and hung it out;   I did not want rain.    Although we have had some heavy showers this afternoon/evening, I was back at Ivy before the first shower.... and the shirt was ready for ironing.

Apart from biking along to the ‘Cafe’... and a walk down to the beach this evening I have had a restful, if busy day.    I’m organised for tomorrow;   well as organised as I
This was taken from the lee of a beach hut .... it was raining!
will ever be.    I pick up Janet in Leven, about 09.00, and we’ll head North, stopping  at “Peggy Scott’s” for a cuppa before going over the Cairn o’ Mount to Banchory and on to Tarland.    The weather forecast is ‘nae bad’... cloudy but dry.    I do not like driving in rain, nor ‘bright and sunny’.... so cloudy is perfect.


Photographs : Top – Part of ‘The Terrace’ Elie, Middle – Photographer on the beach, and Bottom – Taken from the lee side of a beach hut during a heavy shower.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....