Feeling skittish ....

13th June 2017 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    My ‘plan’ is to walk out to West Bay,.... however the sky has ‘clouded over’ in the past hour, and it looks like it could
Kincraig cliffs from the Fife Coastal Path.
rain;   this probably means that ‘evening time’ will be the best time of day for sunshine.    I’ll do a bit of ‘ousework,.....  by the time I’ve done that, I should know what’s happening with the weather. 


18.30    I’ve had an active day.... and feel tired already.    Jimmy phoned to say that New Zealand and Sweden were racing against other to see who would qualify to Challenge for the ‘America Cup’.... I was exhausted by the end of the race, which New Zealand won by a big margin.   I have a vivid imagination.... and could picture Jimmy and me on one of those yachts.

First thing this morning, after the ‘ousework etc, I walked over the Golf Course to West Bay and ambled along the ‘Coastal Path’ to Chapel Green, where I stopped for a rest on The Boss’s Seat.    I was able to tell ‘The Boss’;  “yes I have done the ooverin’ and a wee bit dusting.... and I’m going to ‘do’ a baking in the afternoon”.    
About ten minutes after I got back to Ivy,  Jimmy turned up, smack on cue .... the kettle reached boiling point as he opened the front door.    We had a cuppa then went along to Leven where Jimmy bought Geraniums for his front garden;   I bought bread ... and another bottle of honey.

Macduffs Cave.
John Dye (Painter and Decorator) is working at “Rotomahana” (the house, “Rotomahana” is named after the Lake of that name  20 miles south of Rotorua in New Zealand.    The lake formed, out of two smaller lakes, a few years after the ‘dormant’ volcano, Mount Tarawera erupted in 1886).    Now where was I?.... oh aye .... John and I had a braw chat, mostly about painter things, but one of the ‘other’ subjects that John mentioned was that he, and his wife, had been on holiday in Alaska.    They have been all over the planet and should write a book about their adventures around Mother Earth.

I baked some Melting Moments this afternoon ....  “the Boys”, Jim and Jimmy come down on Tuesday evening to chat about, mostly things local, over a cup of my delightful tea!    Everyone seems to have gone orf ‘coffee’:  the last time we had decent coffee in Ivy was when Linda and John were here about three weeks ago.   Linda made it.

Tomorrow id forecast to be ‘cloudy and warm’, with the chance of an odd shower.   I
The Wester Voes Earlsferry .... with seals.
have ‘nae plans’ thought I may get the bike out if it is really warm.

Photographs : Top – Kincraig Cliffs Earlsferry, Middle – Macduffs cave, and, Bottom – the Wester Voes, Earlsferry:  the seals were being very ‘vocal’ this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....