Dour morning sky over Sussex ....

9th January 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30    we have a dour looking sky over Sussex this morning .... and the weather forecast is not great;  rain spreading down
"JB" on the Birling Gap rocks
from the North later in the afternoon.      That said, there is a chance of a few ‘bright spells’ before the rain arrives.    I shall poodle down town in the morning;   I have stuff to collect from the Chemist, and a paper to buy ...and have a coffee.    Yes I have a busy morning ahead.

I really enjoyed that ‘Indian’ food last night .... and, having discovered that I like the taste of different ‘foods’, I’ll have to find an ‘Indian’ restaurant at home.    Mind you this is typical of ‘me’;   when I go shopping in Sainsbury’s (or any supermarket) I only go down the aisles where I, mostly, pick up the same ‘things’ from the same shelves every week.   I think the time has come for our ‘Owlbert’ to experiment a bit more.


16.00    Wellll .... the rain arrived, earlier than predicted;  it began with spits and spots when I came out of Costa Coffee at 11.00.... and has increased in ‘wetness’ ever since,
Birling Gap beach
being now really heavy, and generally miserable.   I am moored up for the remainder of ‘today’.


22.30     I did have a busy day, having done all the things that needed doing .... and managed to walk along to ‘The Ringles’ for a half pint o’ Harvey’s and a bowl of soup before the rain became really heavy.... at around 15.00.   It is still raining, but is going to clear away overnight, giving us “cloudy with bright spells” weather tomorrow.   
 
Earlier in the evening there was a panel programme on the tele about the problems with Southern Rail.    One member of the audience put it in a nutshell!     “When will you go to arbitration and actually solve this mess... we need the trains and we need
Birling Gap beach and chalk cliffs
them NOW!”


Photographs :  Top – the base rocks of Birling Gap beach, Middle – Birling Gap beach .... the sand must be washed round from, further round the coast, and further out at sea, and Bottom – Birling Gap beach with some of the “Seven Sisters” beyond.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....