Cold but brighter .....

27th January 2017 (Friday) ..... 09.00     Although cold and mostly overcast,  it is a brighter morning with breaks in the clouds.... in fact the sun could
Janice's flowers
make a break through later.    The weather forecast isnae that ‘bright’ .... spells of light rain are supposed to drift over from the East later in the afternoon.... this rain could fall as snow along the East coast.     It’s a ‘wrap up’ morning if you’re going down to a beach.... it’s a ‘wrap up’ morning if you’re going ‘downtown’.


23.30     Funnily enough by midday, when I walked along to “The Ringles” , it was not cold.... and I was ‘wrapped up’.    At “The Ringles”  I had a bowl of soup and a pint of Harvey’s Best Ale.     I ‘Googed’ the word “Ringle” and discovered that it is from the old English name ‘Hringwulf’;   and that a ‘ringler’ (German) was someone who made rings from horn etc.    It would appear that someone with the surname ‘Ringle’ lived up at ‘Ringles Cross’ at some time;   whether he/she made rings I have yet to find out.    

The road I walk to the Ringle's.
I got back to “No1” to find that Janice had sorted out all the flowers.... and had received two more cards.    We had a cuppa, over which we discussed the fact that I am now ready to go back up to Fife.    It’s always the same:      I arrive in Sussex feeling a few degrees ‘under’, then, about four weeks later I am  feeling great;   Janice has me ready to go back up to Ivy again.    We reached the conclusion that I need to eat at least one substantial meal per day:  my problem is, that I get diverted, and neglect the eating thing.    I’m probably  400 calories short of what  my body needs per day when I’m at home.    Easily remedied .... as long as I don’t get ‘diverted’.

Sue and Joe arrived in the middle of the afternoon;    we chatted over a cuppa, and, before we knew it the sun had set, it was nearly dark .... time to feed “Bonnie”, the dawg! .... and for Sue and Joe to set off home:   home being about quarter of a mile
Uckfield water tower - now a house.
away as the crow flies.

We had a quiet but interesting evening;   Alex turned up, from whom I learned a few more things about Uckfield.     The evening passed quickly ... too quickly for me as it was enjoyable;  however I am now late with the Hutte.... and  ready for my bed.


Photographs : Top – Janice’s flowers, Middle – “London Road” sign, and Bottom – The Water Tower at the top of Uckfield.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....