Overcast, but dry .... and brighter

30th January 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30    The rain we had overnight has gone, leaving us with a broken grey sky;  it looks like we might get a few sunny spells
Church pathway
in the afternoon.    At some point today, I’m going to give my legs a bit of exercise ... regrettably I will be confined to the Uckfield pavements after last night’s rain.   Trees may be lacking on Uckfield High Street, but there are plenty ‘coffee stops’.


22.30    Exercise today consisted of searching for the “Grants Hill House” site in Uckfield.   The  original “Grants Hill” was demolished in the 1980’s to make way for the present building, an ‘old folks’ Care Home.    I did find ‘sheltered type’ housing, but this turned out to be the wrong site.     I now know “iggzactly” where the site is and will go there tomorrow morning, having, unknowingly, been within 200 metres of it today.     By the time I found all this out light rain was falling, bringing an end to further exploration today.    I went to the Civic Centre and had food!    There I met “Susan” ... the latest lady to have stolen my heart... she was today’s waitress.    I chatted with Barry then wandered down the High Street, then back up it;   that itself is major exercise!

Church Road Uckfield
I arrived back at “No 1” to find Janice entertaining her long term friend Tanya.    Tanya is an interesting lady and we had a long chat about the Lord Lucan mystery.... which somehow morphed in a conversation about the Royal Family.   Much as I’d have liked to chat longer, I realised that the ‘girls’ had much to catch up on, so I went upstairs and worked on the laptop, leaving them happily chatting.     Two hours later, I went downstairs for a cuppa, to find Tanya  getting ready to leave, after a happy few hours reminiscing.

The weather forecast is not good for tomorrow;   mostly grey and wet.    It seems like I
Uckfield Parish Church
will not be out at Grants Hill House after all.... in fact the forecast for the next couple of days is not “iggzactly” encouraging.... so that mission might have to wait.    There’s loads of stuff to be found on the laptop re Lord Lucan:   I’ll most likely browse through some of that.


Photographs : Top – I like the colour of this path at the church, Middle – Church Road, Uckfield , and Bottom – Uckfield Parish Church.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....