Overcast and cold ....

4th January 2017 (Wednesday) .... 10.30    Mmmmm .... it’s overcast and cold this morning;  a ‘raw’ coldness that gets intae “them auld bones”.   When I
Uckfield High Street
eventually I got downstairs this morning I found ‘Bonnie’ the dog in charge.... I forgot that Michael and Janice would be back at work this morning.     After breakfasting and washing the dishes, I had the urge to go to ‘the beach’;   beaches are something that Uckfield seriously lacks being 10 miles or so from the sea.... as the crow flies.    In fact I have yet to find a sand pit in Uckfield!    When I think about it;  sandpits are probably illegal due to Health and Hygiene regulations now.     Any sand there is has been converted into bricks and mortar!    I’ll amble ‘down town’ later and have a coffee!


2
Snatt's Road - Uckfield
2.00     Well I did amble ‘down town’ in the afternoon... but didn’t have a coffee, although all the coffee shops are open, as are all the other shops.    “Valentine’s” cards and Easter Eggs will be the next ripo .... marketing ploy ... er .... vital buys.   I went to Tesco’s to get the ingredients for scones, and came out without Strawberry jam.    I’ll get that tomorrow.    Ian and Jenny, from Pevensey, are coming over in the morning and we’re going out for coffee .... it’s Ian’s birthday.   I must get him something that will fit in with his diet!    Cake?

We have a bonnie, clear night in “Moonlit Sussex” ..... it’s only a crescent moon but is ‘growing’ (waxing), and I’m hoping to get a photo of it when it’s ‘full’... on the 12th January.    Frost is forecast for the morning... in fact frost is forecast for the whole of the country..... to be followed by a ‘wall to wall’ sunny day.

Fourteen new ‘Garden Villages’ are going to be built at sites all over England .... in an effort to provide much needed houses.    They, the ‘Power’s that Be’,  will have to come
Sunset time
up with real jobs so that folks can afford to buy the houses, because in rip off .... oops, they won’t be cheap.    They, the new ‘garden villages’ are supposed to ‘fit in’ with the surrounding countryside.    Aye ... right;   I can see that happening!


Photographs : Top –Uckfield High Street, Middle – Snatt’s Road, Uckfield, and Bottom – sunset time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....