Spells of "Sunny Sussex" but a lot of cloud about ....

6th January 2017 (Friday) .... 09.00    It’s a nice morning but not the total blue sky we had yesterday.   I see fog in the Ouse valley but Uckfield is clear;   the
The Crowborough Road.
weather forecast is for spells of “Sunny Sussex” with rain moving across us in the evening.    


23.00    The ‘evening’ arrived early as far as the rain was concerned;    at 10.30 in the morning, and.... it  was grey and damp for most of the daylight hours.    Janice and I went up to Crowborough to do some shopping in “Morrison’s”:  it was an ideal shopping day.    We got back to “No 1” to find “JB” had arrived, over from Pevensey.    It was not the kind of day doing ‘picturesque’ so we went up to a vineyard Coffee/Tearoom but it seemed awfie ‘empty.   However we did find a friendly llama to converse with.   We ended up in Costa Coffee in Uckfield for coffee and Lemon Drizzle cake.    The lassie on the coffee machine was incredible;  she
The 'after end' of a llama.
produced  a Latte and Flat White at dazzling speed:   almost as if she had four arms.   She is a credit to “Costa”, and well worth whatever she gets paid .... which was probably the minimum wage!    Over coffee “JB” and I made a ‘plan’ for tomorrow!     “JB” is going to pick me up  about 13.00 and we’re going to Beachy Head, then Eastbourne, ending up at Pevensey.    “JB” will then drop me orf at “No 1” on the way to his work;  he starts work at 23.00.

This morning I went ‘downtown’ to the local Chemist to organise more pills for my
The front end of a llama.
extended stay in Sussex;   I’ll be home at the end of January or early February.    I had no problems with the Chemist;   I’m still on their computer since the last time I had to get top up pills.   That was a couple of years ago.

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be a bit brighter than it was today, but not brilliant.    As long as it’s dry I should get a few good photos.    Strangely enough, in spite of the weather being ‘inclement’ today I have enjoyed it.... and     I found out that there’s a lot more variety to choose from when shopping.   I usually but the same ‘foodstuffs’ every shopping expedition;    Janice has shown me food that I didn’t even know existed:   I now intend being more ‘adventurous’ when out shopping.


Photographs : Top – The Crowborough Road, Middle – after end of a llama, and Bottom – the ‘ither’ end of a llama!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....