Overcast but clearing from the south .....

28th January 2017 (Saturday) .... 08.45    My word .... it is warmer this morning, but overcast;   however the weather forecast for ‘today’ is ‘nae bad’..... the
Chat time.
sun should break up the clouds later in the morning, which would be very welcome as I have a washing going through as I type!   Sadly   there isn’t much in the way of a ‘drying wind’;    what wind there is, is from the SSW, hence the rise in temperature, .... I guess the washing will only partially ‘dry’, but at least it will get a touch of fresh Sussex air.

I’m feeling tired this morning.... but I’m the only one that’s ‘moving about;   even Bonnie hasn’t surfaced to look for her grub yet.     I’ve had my breakfast.... I think a cuppa would be a good ‘plan’.


18.00     Ref the washing mentioned above;   a  ‘drying wind got up, and the washing was three quarters dry by the time showers began to cross over us, at which point the washing was ‘rescued’ and is now drying off on my bathroom radiator.
Michael doing Tam o' Shanter
Michael and Janice went down to the shops at 09.00 to get some of the ingredients required for the Burns Supper tonight;   raspberries for the cranachan, and prawns for the prawn cocktails being two of them.    With this being the first day that Janice has been fit enough to do a proper shopping they came back with a whole ‘load’ of messages, not just the Burns Supper ‘stuff’.
Leeann and Martyn dropped in, with Darcie and Sully (grandchildren) after lunch time which gave us an excuse for another cuppa .... and a pleasant chat.
Michael and I then went into the kitchen to prepare the cranachan, an easy enough job but ‘guddlie’.    Michael insisted on accurate measurements;  up till it came to adding the  whisky and heather honey, both of which are vital ingredients in cranachan, and best done by taste testing!!     After a few accurate ‘glugs’ of whisky, and  some dollops of honey, mixed well through the cream ... a slow sample taste (or three) ... add another ‘glug’ of whisky... and ‘bingo’ ... perfect cranachan!      I’d say it was the best I’ve ever tasted, with just the right mix of flavours.... mmmmm lovely!

We then had another cuppa before I went upstairs to have ‘50’.    I am a ‘morning person’, and have been ever since my Dad used to get up to feed the horses at 05.00...
Alex and Michael.
and me, a happy four year old bairn, with him!   Late nights are definitely not my ‘forte’ I can tell you.... especially now that I am er ...not so young.     Nevertheless, having slept for almost “iggzactly” an hour, I am feeling refreshed and ready for this evening’s  action..... Michael, and Janice, having worked wonders while I slept.


23.45     I have to say that this was one of the best “Burn’s Suppers” I have ever been at;   a small ‘family’ and friends ‘Supper’...absolutely brilliant.      Michael and Janice put in a lot of effort to create the right atmosphere, and everyone got into the ‘act’.... a braw friendly Burns Supper:   Michael did all the important ‘bits’ like addressing the haggis and Tam o’ Shanter etc..... which made it a really enjoyable evening!    A lot of hard work done by Michael.... and it was much
Derek, Ann and Janice.
appreciated!

I'm in my bedroom to update the Hutte, and to get orf to bed a wee bit earlier than I did last night .... er ... this morning.... the 'Troops' are still celebrating downstairs.


Pictures : Top – chat time, Next – Michael in mid “Tam o’ Chanter”, Next – Alex and Michael, and Bottom – Derek, Ann and Janice.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....