Lovely frosty morning ....

3rd January 2016 (Tuesday) .... 10.00   It’s a frosty “Sunny Sussex” this morning, with loads of rime, and a ‘wall to wall’ ‘bloo’ sky.... a bonnie morning.    The
Sussex sunset
pavements will be slippery so I’ll leave any walking that I might do until after lunch.    Janice and Michael are going to Eastbourne;  where Janice has an hospital appointment.   



22.30     Although this has been a ‘bonnie’ day I never made it ‘out for a walk;   a migraine clicked in about 09.00 and, between worrying about Janice, and the migraine I just didn’t have the urge to go out:  my ‘get up and go’ went.  However, after lunch I had a short ‘nap’ and, feeling better I managed to keep my eye on the setting sun.... the sky had the look’ of a braw sunset.

Janice and Michael arrived back about 18.00, with good news;  Janice’s scans were all clear.    Janice does however have to have an operation in a couple of weeks (16 th), which we knew about.... well we knew about the ‘op’ .... not the date.    Now we know the date.  It will be a stressful time until we have ‘our Janice’ back to full health again’.

Sussex sunset clouds
The sunset did turn out to be colourful.... and there are some queer clouds around in the Sussex sky.     I have yet to find out what caused the clouds I photographed on the 28th December, and the ones today were also ‘different’, though I have seen similar clouds at home.     I think it has to be the Sussex topography that gave us the clouds of the 28th;   Michael has seen them before so they must be a variety of ‘Sussex Clowds”.     I’ve been online but cannot find anything resembling them.    Ann has a ‘cloud’ book and might be able to come up with something;   Ann and Derek are Sussex born and bred.

I have much to organise tomorrow... with a few e-mails to write etc.   The Sussex
15 minutes after sunset.
weather forecast, is for it to be less ‘sunny’ than it was today.    (I could get to like “wall to wall’ sunshine” which is what we had all day today.)    We might even have some rain ‘ra morra’..... followed by a ‘wall to wall’ “Sunny Sussex” on Thursday!    I’ll make an effort to go ‘down town’ in the morning before I start the e-mailing etc.

Photographs : all three taken at sunset time today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....