Lovely, crisp morning ....

21st January 2017 (Saturday) ... 09.30     After an early morning frost we have another lovely day ... ‘wall to wall’ blue sky, but there’s a real ‘nip’ in the air;  
The Susses Hutte
it’s a grand morning for a walk.    I’ve ‘pilled, fed and watered’ Bonnie;   the next move will be to make a cuppa.      Michael  has turned up with a ‘Hoover’;  I shall beat  a hasty retreat down to ‘The Sussex Hutte’;   it has TV, and heating .... though the heating is only needed to bring the temperature up first thing.     Like ‘the Hutte’ at home it’s a restful place, especially when the ‘mutt’ is outside looking in!


23.30     The ‘Sussex Hutte’ is a restful place.... it has TV, a heater, and;  I can connect to the internet in it, something that I can’t do at home.   I spent a good hour in there.    The heater cuts out once it reaches the set temperature so isn’t prohibitive to run.     In fact most of the time you wouldn’t even need it at all.
Emily, John and “JB” arrived as planned, and, after initial ‘hello’s’ etc went straight
Witches Corner
to work in the kitchen make tonight’s ‘dinner’.    After a load of work, in the course of which Emily made a lasagne, and John a ‘chilli’,  aided and abetted by Michael, we sat down to an incredible ‘dinner’.   Janice, Emily and I had lasagne, while the  ‘boys’ had the ‘chilli’.... both, accompanied by  salsa, and other side dishes, and of course wine etc.     I cleared my lasagne then had a taste of the ‘chilli’, something I have never tasted before.... and I was pleasantly surprised to find it ‘hot’ but also very flavoursome.   It’s only recently that I’ve started to experiment with different ‘foods’... and I must say I am enjoying the different tastes.   The evening was topped up with syrup pudding and custard.... yes “Puku” is a very contented, and non wrinkled ‘puku’ tonight!      Thank you Emily, John and Michael for what was a very nice culinary experience .... and for
Comfy chair - one of two.
definitely exciting my taste buds.   

I’ve had a restful day, and this cold continues to be less annoying ....  my ‘tube’s are beginning to clear, and Uckfield High Street should be a dawdle by the middle of next week.


Photographs : all three taken in The Hutte’s  ‘Sussex Cousin’ today!     There will have to be improvements made the ‘The Hutte’ I’m thinking!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....