Gloomy weather morning ......

26th January 2016 (Thursday) .... 09.30     Our weather is hard to understand ..... at least the affect it has on the human brain is hard to understand;   maybe I should change that to ... “the affect it has on my brain is hard for me to
Late afternoon 
understand!”     Yesterday we had really thick fog all the daylight hours, visibility being only200 most of the time, sometimes even less:   today we have a ‘gloomy’ day but the visibility is nigh on two miles..... yet yesterday was  less ‘gloomy’ to my mind.     Today is a good example of a SAD day!     Yesterday I was the centre of a 400 metre wide circle, beyond which the sun might have been shining:   today I can see that the sun isn’t ‘shining’ anywhere from the centre of a 4,000 metre wide circle..... which is why today is ‘gloomier’ looking.    That’s my theory anyway.

I have nae ‘plans’ for today.    Mandy has dropped in the cheer up Janice so I am upstairs in my bedroom updating ‘th Hutte’ etc.    I will go out for a short walk, though it isn’t walking weather, but I need the exercise.

23.00     Janice ended up with more visitors.... and, with yet  more flowers the lounge gets to look more like a florists’ shop every day.     With Janice being busy with her friends, I set off to walk to “The Ringles” hotel, only to find that it doesn’t open until
Sun making a breahthrough
midday during the week.... and that was half an hour away.    Then I remembered the  “Pig and Butcher” at Five Ash Down.... another 1.5 kilometres along the road, so I daundered along and arrived at the “P and B” front door at midday.... where I enjoyed tomato soup, and a pint of  Harvey’s ale, before walking back home to “No1”.      There was an unpleasant, and cold, Northeast breeze that spoiled what would otherwise have been a nice walk..... in spite of the gloominess of the weather.
I got back to “No1”to discover that, in my absence, Janice ‘s visitors were still in residence, with others dropping in, and dropping out, at regular intervals.   After my walking, and with Janice happily entertaining, I went up to my bedroom and had ‘50’..... waking up an hour or so later to find everything quiet, ......  and Janice wondering where she was going to put all the flowers!

It has been a busy day after all.... and  the sun made an appearance late in the
Sun set time
afternoon:  perhaps we’ll have a bonnier day tomorrow!

Photographs : all taken late in the afternoon when the sun finally broke through!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....