Crisp and sunny ......

18th January 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00      we have a lovely ‘crisp, and sunny’ start to the day ..... more or less ‘wall to wall’ sunny Sussex in fact.    The temperature is above freezing, but it is not going to become warm.... 3c being the
Swan track through the frozen River Cuckmere in Sussex.
forecast ‘high’.    Nonetheless my washing is on the line, though there is ‘nae wind’.    I’ll let the sun get up a bit then go for a turn ‘round the block’ to see how my legs cope;  this is one horrid ‘bug’, and is going to take a while to shake orf I’m thinking.   


 22.30     Jenny and “JB” picked me up after lunch and we went over the ‘Up and Over’ to the Cuckmere Inn for a light lunch and a walk onto the ‘Seven Sisters National Park’.     It was a beautiful day but it was cold and the Cuckmere River was frozen.....we didn’t linger too long, and went back to the  warm, and cosy in the car.
Our next stop was at Beachy Head to get a photo of the lighthouse;   the photo that “JB” and I couldn’t get the last time we were there because Beachy Head was shrouded in low cloud.     We didn’t have that problem today, it was bright and sunny... oh and very cold ... there was a brisk wind, and that added some wind chill factor to the cold wind;   the rime was still lying where the sun hadn’t reached.    We certainly did not linger there very long.    Unfortunately the sun was not at the best point in the
River Cuckmere car park .... tame, and well fed 'Blob'.
sky to get a really great photo of the lighthouse, but I’m a happy boy with what I got.    Our next port of call was Pevensey for an extremely welcome cuppa at Jenny’s, before “JB” drove me back home to “No 1”.... stopping at Boots the Chemist  so that I could buy nail clippers;   the nails on my right hand were beginning to bother me;   when I tried to type the letter ‘m’ I’d end up typing the letter ‘k’ or ‘j’ ..... it was like typing in Welsh! ....  oh, and I bought a  bottle of cough mixture.     What’s that got to do with my nails?     Oh aye ... nothing;  the cough mixture is for the ‘cough’!

The washing I hung out this morning didn’t quite dry, but will be ready to iron
Beachy Head lighthouse.

tomorrow morning.    Having climbed to the top of Beachy Head I’ve decided that Uckfield High Street is well within my capabilities;   perhaps I’m being a bit ‘previous’;   I’ll see how I feel in the morning!
Photographs : Top - the frozen River Cuckmere with a passage made by swans easily seen, Middle – this is the ‘Blob’ of the River Cuckmere Car Park, he/she was  tame, and obviously doing very well from the visitors... a change from Herring Gulls,  and Bottom – Beachy Head lighthouse.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....