Overcast... with fog in the valleys ....

8th January 2017 (Sunday) ....   10.30     Mmmmm .... it’s overcast, with fog in the valleys this morning, but at least it’s dry, and is a nice enough day for doing
Birling Gap houses
things.    I have a washing going through, but there is absolutely not a smirr of wind;   so I’ll dangle it on the radiator in my bathroom.... unless a breeze gets up in the next half hour.     I have ‘nae plans’ for “today” ... the Nature Reserves are still ‘no go areas’;  it’s slipping on the muddy paths that’s the biggest threat.   I’ll go for a daunder round the town later.    I think we’re going out for an ‘Indian’ tonight;    I’m looking forward to that, never having been in an Indian Restaurant before.


23.30     The sun managed to break through  about 14.00, but it was short lived;   that said it has been a bonnie enough day, and warm for this time of year.    We had a restful afternoon.    Janice let me see how to use the camera on my phone;   and Michael taught me how to download photos from the phone onto the computer.    Walking around taking photos with my phone makes me feel ‘young’.... alas, there’s a big difference between my ‘feeling’ young and ‘looking’ young.     

Me in an Indian Restaurant
Leeann and Martyn brought Darcie and ‘Sully’ (Sullivan) round after lunch;   Darcie was a bundle of energy, she is three years old;  ‘Sully’ slept, but then he is only coming up for two.    Later in the afternoon I slept;  after I’d emptied 163 photos out of my i-phone:  dating from 2015 ..... including many taken at Michael and Janice’s wedding!

Our evening out to the Indian Restaurant was an evening to remember:  Jeanette (Janette?), Alec, Janice and Michael have been regular visitors to Indian Restaurants, but this was a ‘first’ for me.    As soon as you walked through the door the aromas made it immediately evident that this was ‘different’ .... and the ‘staff’, all Bangladeshi, helped to reinforce the ‘atmosphere’ of being somewhere ‘out of the ordinary’.     The food was served at a perfect speed for me, with plenty time between courses.    I had “Chicken Tika Masala” for main course, but that had been preceded by ither things... all tasty, and easy to eat:  including some of the mushrooms
Birling Gap beach access stairway.
that Alec got with his Main Course!
 

Photographs : Top – Birling Gap houses, Middle – the beach access stairway at Birling Gap, and, Bottom -  me, mesmerised by the different dishes at the Tarana Indian Restaurant.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....