Wall to wall sunshine ....

2nd January 2017 (Monday) .... 11.00    “Sunny Sussex” it is today..... wall to wall sunshine, and warm with it:  the ‘Festive Season’ is over, ‘Spring’ is in the
Waxing crescent moon with Venus bottom right.
air, and I’m feeling frolicsome.  

 Janice and Michael are taking down the decorations;   I’d help but would most likely ‘get in the road’, so I’ll make the tea.    My plan is to ‘do’ the Snatt’s Road walk later.... Uckfield disnae have a beach, but the town is surrounded by woods;   unfortunately the woodland paths are impassable after the recent wet spell.

23.00     Everything is back to normal after the ‘festive season’ ....with everyone returning to work tomorrow.... this means the coffee shops ‘down town’ will be open tomorrow.     We have had ‘wall to wall’ sunshine for all the daylight hours today, and I did the “Snatt’s Road” walk;   and managed to get lost in the middle of a housing estate.    However The “Holy Cross” Church spire was visible from where I was so I walked streets and paths in the general direction of the spire until I reached Church Street.    By this time I was in need of a cuppa:  it was now that I found out that the Coffee Shops were either still on holiday, or, the few that were ‘open’,  packed to the ‘gunnels’.    However, after meandering around The “Snatt’s Road” area of Uckfield,
Nature Reserve alongside Snatt's Road.
for a distance of 4.63 kilometres (2.9 miles) I was within striking distance of “No 1” where the kettle is always ‘on’.    When I did ‘upload’ the walk onto FB it came up as “Monica Walk”....that’s predictive text for you.

“JB” ‘dropped in’ on his way to work .... he’s on night shift .... and updated us  with the latest ‘plan’ of action when he is ‘off’ on Thursday and Friday this week.
Janice and Michael are going down to Eastbourne tomorrow afternoon;   this means that I shall be i/c dawg!    The weather forecast for “Sunny Sussex” ‘ra morra’ is for it to be “Not so Sunny Sussex” after a cold, and
Diane Hutt gallery - Uckfield.
possibly frost dawn.     There is an ‘ice warning’ for pavements (they don’t do much re icy pavements down here) so I’ll stay ‘in’ until later in the morning.
Photographs : Top – waxing crescent moon with Venus bottom right of picture, Middle – part of the Nature Reserve off Snatt’s Road, alongside Snatt’s Road, and, Bottom – A well known Kirkcaldy name ... the Diane Hutt Gallery!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....