Snow vanished overnight... nice bright day

14th January 2017 (Saturday) .... 11.00    We have a lovely morning, even if it is mostly overcast .... and not “iggzactly” warm, a braw morning for a walk.   I’m
Sunrise on this day one year ago.
feeling better after a long, and undisturbed, night’s sleep:  and I intend to rest, keep warm, for the remainder of the day.



15th (Sunday)00.30   “Sunny Sussex” looked bonnie today, especially with the snow on the South Downs;  Sussex, and the South East of England is a beautiful part of the country.     “Foyle’s War” hedgerows are still to be found in the countryside, and umpteen roads that go through long ‘tree tunnels’;  in the summertime it will be ‘something else’.    I think the snow on the downs, should have vanished by the morning, .... and rain is forecast for most of the daylight hours tomorrow, but I have no intention of going out so the weather won’t bother me;   I am going to stay warm (to shake orf the cold – that can last for up to three weeks) and study Sussex stuff.   

Princes Street Gardens Flower Clock.
The ‘gless’ fell out of my watch yesterday and I found out two things: (1) it was really made of glass and not plastic, and (2) there was no way of replacing it apart from super gluing it in;  which Michael did.    I know that we live in the “throw away age” but I didn’t expect the watch to actually give up and ‘fall apart’.   Okay it was only a ‘cheapy’... but I had a new battery put in it before I came down to Sussex... and that cost half the price of the watch!    Its hard work growing old:  and I’m not thinking of the watch!    On the bright side the watch is working, with its glass firmly in place, so ‘we’ the ‘throw away’ date has been pushed back for another year or two.

 Janice, Michael and I have had a really enjoyable evening playing board games, with
"Blob" one year ago.
Ann, Derek, and “JB” ....the biggest surprise was the fact that I actually won one of the games in spite of the fact that I felt ‘dozy’ most of the evening.    There are some good ‘modern’ board games out there, that can, and do, stretch the brain.


Photographs : all three taken from the “Alberto Archives”    Top – Sunrise over Elie one year ago today, Middle –  The Flower Clock in Princes Street Gardens.... the works for which came from Elie Kirk, photographed by 'M' .... on her own camera!    Bottom : "Blob" one year ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....