Lovely morning ......

24th January 2017 (Tuesday) .... 09.30      Oh my word ..... we have a gorgeous, “bright and sunny” morning  though there is fog in the valleys, and it is
Hempstead reserve Uckfield
cool;  but it is a really nice day for going out, which I will do later.    First I need another cuppa to get me into action.    There is not much in the way of wind so the air quality will still be ‘poor’.     However wind is forecast for later in the week.... along with the chance of rain,....  the combination of which will clear the air.


23.30     “No 1” has been going ‘like a mill’ today with visitors appearing at regular intervals  for about 10.30 onward;   that’s when ‘Debra’ arrived.    Debra left about 12.30 and an hour later Pauline, who works with Janice, popped in.   
Oak tree
I made a cuppa, blethered with the girls for a while, then went upstairs to have ‘50’:   when I came down Pauline had been replaced by Angie.    I’m finding it hard to keep up with all my ‘new’ girlfriends.     “No1” lounge is beginning to resemble a florists.... and there are cards everywhere!     She’s a popular lady is Janice!

 Jings it’s frustrating;   “JB” and I go to Brighton on what was a frosty and foggy day, and today has been really lovely.... bright sunny, and warm once the sun got going.    After I had a bowl of soup and a cuppa in the ‘Civic  Centre’ I walked home via the Hempstead Nature Reserve, which is the flood plain of the River Uck.    There is a good, and well kept path through it, boardwalk on the wetter bits, so really easy to walk through.... and not too muddy.    I enjoyed walking on grass and through a wood.... very relaxing.    I might have a go at some other reserve, tomorrow  perhaps, depending on how the weather is and how I feel.

We’ve been watching Part 1 of “Lucan” on the TV tonight , the story of murder of the
Uckfield reserve
his children’s nanny and his mysterious disappearance.    The last time ‘Lucan’ was seen on British soil was near Uckfield would you believe.   A good story of 1974 high society intrigue.   
   

Photographs: all three taken on the Hempstead Nature Reserve today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....