"Happy New Year everyone" ......

1st January 2017 (Sunday) ....I’ll start by wishing everyone a “Happy, and Prosperous New Year” ... “lang may yer lum reek wi’ ither folks coal”!

10.00   Contrary to expectations I am feeling frisky this morning;   in spite of no’ gaun
Ann, Michael, Janice and Derek.

tae my bed until late er .... early in the morning.    I really enjoyed myself, bringing the New Year, .... something I never thought I’d bother doing again after Maggie died.     It was happy  evening/ morning.... though I didn’t mean to stay ‘up’ so long.    We had ‘Jools Holland’ on the television and discovered that one of the singers on the show, “Rag n’ Bone Man” comes from Uckfield.     When the ‘Jools Holland Show finished Michael brought up some old Hogmanay ‘turns’ such as Scotch and Wry, Andy Stewart etc.    Yes a really enjoyable evening;   and I gained a “Sussex Girlfriend” .... Ann!   


We have rain this morning ... ‘rain’ was forecast, but it has come ‘in’ earlier than it was supposed to, so might clear away by mid afternoon.    This is perfect weather for
London New Year celebrations.
sorting out the photographs taken during the Hogmanay Festivities!


23.00      Hmmmm .... the rain didn’t clear away so we have had a ‘dreich weather’ day.     Janice and Michael went out to the “Ringles”  in the afternoon;   I had a much needed ‘50’.     I didn’t sleep long.... only for an hour and a half, but I felt really refreshed when I ‘surfaced’.    The ‘Troops’ arrived back about 17.30, and their friends shortly followed, including the kids, so we had a nice family party.    Then Colin turned up, so, after the Seb, Seb’s wife, and the kids poodled off home, we had an extended “New Year’s” party.     More tea and cake this time..... and considerably earlier going to bed.

2017 has been ‘welcomed’ in  .... all I wish for is for peace and love to engulf Mother Earth.     I know that, as long as there are arms manufacturers this won’t happen ..... but wouldn’t the world be a better place for everyone if we could only find ‘peace and love’!    I’ve always been a dreamer.

Everywhere will be ‘back to normal’ tomorrow, and we should be able to get on with
Janice and Bonnie.
making 2017 a good year;   “Love is all Mother Earth needs!”

Photographs : Top – Ann, Michael, Janice and Derek,  Middle – London fireworks, and Bottom – Janice and Bonnie at the end of the evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....