Bonnie "Sunny Sussex" morning ......


11th January 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.30    We have a “Sunny Sussex” morning ..... not quite ‘wall to wall’ blue but  near enough;   and it isn’t that cold.     The word ‘cold’ reminds me;   I am in ‘dry dock’ having come down with the cold bug
Afternoon sky.
that’s doing the rounds.    I’d been feeling sluggish for a couple of days, but yesterday the Uckfield braes seemed even steeper, and longer, than usual;  if I do go out today it will be to circumnavigate the top of the hill!



21.00    There is not much to report;  owning to me having spent most of the time in bed.     Janice, bless her for bothering about me, when she has all her own problems to deal with;   but that’s Janice.    She made scrambled egg on toast, and I must admit to feeling ‘better’ after I scoffed it.    I’ll have a Lemsip then get off to bed early;  with a big glass of water on my bedside table.

I never did go out today, though it has been a bonnie day,   having said that the temperature did drop later in the afternoon as per forecast.    “Sunny Sussex” might even have  a few light snow showers over the next couple of days.    I  imagine they will be heavier snow showers up home.

There’s ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow;   originally I was going over to Pevensey, but the way I’m feeling that will have to be cancelled.  My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to shake this cold orf;   even if it means staying in bed most of the day.


Photographs : Top – middle of the afternoon sky, and Bottom – Sunset sky.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....