Shiftin' sand on Elie beach ....

29th September 2016 (Thursday) ....   08.30 ....It’s a bonnie morrrrrrning... but windy, and especially so on the beach.       I felt quite lonely down
Windblown sand on Elie beach.
there .... only myself, and a few birds waiting to see the sunrise:   which we didn’t see until twenty minutes after the actual  time;  when the sun appeared over a bank of low cloud.     It’s not that cold ‘out’ but the wind is annoying when trying to stand still with a camera:  I eventually found shelter in the lee of the Cockstail rocks.     From there I watched the wind shifting sand along to the  Breakwater, and all points East.... and took a few photographs.
 

Elie Harbour at high tide today
 20.30     Jimmy and I went to Leven where I uplifted the  tyre compressor that I’d ordered at Argos;   from there we went over the road to Sainsbury’s, for a cuppa;   and to do a wee ‘shopping’ when we were there.     On the way to Leven  we drove through a heavy shower, of which there have been a few today, but on the way home it was like a breezy summer’s day.    It was in fact very windy but you didn’t notice that in the car.
After lunch I drove along to Elie, mooring up at the Toll Green, then walked down The Toft to take some photos of the rough sea at the harbour.    The water was bashing over the sea wall onto the road so I didn’t venture any further.   At this time, it was high tide (14.28) and the wind was at its strongest.    I got the pictures I wanted and went up to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ for a much looked forward to hour of happy conversation over a cuppa.    And that is how it was .... and how the ‘Drop in Cafe’ always is!

The wind has moderated considerably, and will be back to normal by tomorrow morning:   the weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘good’... much the same as today
Elie this afternoon
without the strong wind.    There’s much talk by the weather forecasters that we might see the Aurora Borealis tonight;   the last time I had a look looked outside,  there was ‘that’ feel in the air right enough, being cold and clear.   I’ll have another look about 22.00.

‘Nae plans’ for tomorrow, but I must get out on the bike not having been out on it al all today.    I’m finding that I have to keep walking, and biking, as much as possible or I stiffen up easily.

Photographs : Top – sand blowing along the beach, Middle – Elie harbour bay at high tide this afternoon, and Bottom – ‘The Terrace’ sea wall Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....