Hmmmm ... there's the rain later look this morning

3rd September 2016 (Saturday) .... 08.30    I’ve been ‘roond ‘the Ferry’ on the bike this morning, and was pleasantly surprised to meet a some more folk out
Elie Bay this afternoon

for their morning ‘work out’;   maybe ‘work out’ is a bit over the top.... gentle exercise would be better.    The sky is well overcast, and I could see that it was raining over at Leven and Kirkcaldy .... Markinch even!     Jim and I are taking “SD” up to Shell Bay for his morning walk .... I’m hoping the rain doesn’t come our way for a while yet .... better still, that it misses us altogether.


21.00    We did get ‘lucky’ with the rain;   the main belt of ‘it’ passed over the Borders and the North of England.... though we did get a damp late evening, however, by the time it, the dampness, arrived I was settling down at the computer to ‘play’ with the photographs I got today.

As per morning ‘plan’, Myra Jim and I took “SD” over to Shell Bay, where we walked round Ruddon’s Point, on a really quiet and peaceful morning.     From Shell Bay we went to Kilconquhar Church to the ‘Colinsburgh’ coffee morning.    This is the ‘CM’
West Bay Earlsferry at high tide
that used to be held in the Colinsburgh kirk ‘hall’;   unfortunately, the damp state of the wee hall means that it can no longer be used .... hence the ‘move’ to Kinneuchar kirk hall.  

Jimmy was ensconced in the Hutte when I got back from Kinneuchar, so I had another cuppa with Jimmy .... before we went to Leven, to do some shopping at Lidl’s.   I didn’t really need anything but ended up buying some items anyway;   Jimmy wanted to do a ‘small shopping’.    By the time we got back to Ivy we were ready for another cuppa.... this time accompanied by a goodie from Lidl’s ‘bakery section’.

Later in the afternoon... after I having a 'rest' in the Hutte .... I went out with the camera to get some ‘threatening cloud’ photos;   where I live, no matter what the  weather is like, apart from thick fog, there are always interesting photos to be had.    I
Earlsferry beach
did a ‘circuit’ that takes in the beach, Kincraig cliffs, Chapel Green... and the beach again on the way home.    The place was busy with folk out enjoying the evening air, and atmosphere.    The clouds looked threatening .... and bonnie with it!


Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this afternoon, Middle – West Bay beach at high tide, and Bottom – Earlsferry beach this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....