Oh my word ... autumn is in the air

10th September 2016 (Saturday) ....   we have a ‘frisky’ sort of morning .... overcast, breezy and autumnal;   time for the colder weather togs to be
Looking West from the East links at Elie
sorted out.    Having said that, I went for a walk round the lighthouse and the Lady’s Tower, ... a walk that is exposed to all winds and weather.... so it was almost bound to feel autumnal.     It was spitting rain, on and orf’ but I could see blue bits in the Western sky, so we should get sunny spells later.


22.30      The sun broke through before lunch time and we have had a lovely afternoon and evening:   a nice evening for a daunder in fact.     I have had a quiet day, pottering around in the garden, pruning stuff and filling up the ‘broon’ bucket;   the clean ‘broon’ bucket I might add .... having washed it out this morning.    I saw a Painted Lady butterfly in the garden, but it had moved on by the time I got the camera out.    Balcarres Gardens
Evening sunlight on the Dome Park
are ‘Open’ from 14.00 – 17.00 tomorrow, and, if the weather is fine, there should be butterflies in abundance;   I must remember to have my macro lens in the camera bag!

‘M’ is back to normal after her long flight to New Zealand, and is getting back into the ‘bowling’ on Wednesday.    Holiday’s are fun but it’s always great when you get back ‘home’... and into ‘normal’ life again.    ‘M’ gained one stone in weight when she was over here;   and is now on a diet! 
  
I got the bike out in the evening and went up to Chapel Green for a wander around, in the late evening sunshine.    I perched myself on top of Lundar Law and drifted orf into one of my dreams..... it was perfect.    From there I went round to the Boss’s Seat where I watched a group of folks (adults) exercising with a tennis ball;  it was good to see that space being made use of in that way.    The idea was to catch the ball that had been thrown your way,  and throw it to another member of the group and so on.... a
Sunset walk
good way, and enjoyable too, judging by the laughter, to keep fit.  

For some reason I am tired tonight.... I’ll have a mug of chocolate then get off to bed and read a bit of my book.     It’s an historical novel about Henry VIII,   who was one evil person, who had 50,000 executed during his 37 years reign, including two(Anne Boleyn and Kathryn Howard) of his six wives, and many of his ‘friends’.  


Photographs : Top – Looking westwards from the East Links over Elie Harbour to Earlsferry, Middle – late evening  sunlit Dome Park ... and “Alice’s Seat”, and Bottom – walkers on the beach at sunset.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....