Feeling frisky .....

2nd September 2016 (Friday) ..... Mmmmmm ... I feel ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morning;   and I have yet to have my morning caffeine fix.    (The kettle is ‘on’).    It’s a nice ‘bright and breezy’ morning, a good drying day;   that
Chapel Green from the rocks
reminds me I have a washing to put on.    Back, in a few mo’s.   The washing’s ‘on’ , and I have my coffee, ...now where was I?    Oh aye .... it’s a nice morning, and low tide is at 10.00 so I’m going down to the beach, to potter around for a bit.... I need to get some of the fresh Elie and Royal Burgh air.   Have a lovely day whatever you choose to do.


22.00    The tide was well out this morning, so I ‘walked’ the sewage pipe and had a potter about on uncovered sand banks, right down at the edge of the tide.     It was different down there this morning;  I met ‘Simon’ from Norwich, who is here on holiday, with his family.    This is the first time, in many years of going down to the rocks at the end of the sewage pipe, I have spoken to anybody down there.    Plenty folk will go out there, but rarely at the same time as I am wandering around.  
  
Earlsferry High Street at sundown
I just made it back to the bottom of Ferry Wynd in time to stop Jimmy driving away from Ivy gate.    He was out earlier this morning, and ringing the doorbell by 10.40.    We had our morning tea break and chat, then Jimmy left to go down to the Sailing Club;   I had washing to hang out;   and an ironing to do.

The early part of afternoon was spent doing restful things;   Soduko’s in the Hutte:   and having ‘50’.    After the ‘restful things’, I made a rhubarb crumble.    This turned out to be mair crumble than rhubarb, but it tastes braw.... and it’s the crumble bit that I like anyway.    The recipe said, ‘soft butter’ so I put the butter in a dish and into the microwave for 40 seconds .... that turned out to be  30 seconds too long.     The second lot went in for 10 seconds and was perfect.

Having had a mostly restful day I went out for a walk with the camera, in the evening;
'Lost' sandal
   across to West Bay and back via the Chapel Green.    Everywhere was quiet, with only two other folks, that I could see, on the golf course, and one or two families on the beach.     The air was cool, but then the sun was going down, and it was ‘ahent’ clouds most of the time.    The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be bright early then turning cloudier with a good chance of rain later in the afternoon/evening.
Photographs : Top – Chapel Green houses, Middle – Earlsferry High Street (West) at sundown, and Bottom – summer must be over .... an abandoned sandal.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....