Gale warnings for Fife later today .....

28th September 2016 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    We have a ‘bright and windy’ morning here;   the clouds,  that are bumbling their way over from the WNW,
Elie Bay
look heavy enough to give us showers;   but, as I have a washing on the line, showers I do not want.

The sunrise this morning was more of a golden colour than red, an indication of stormy weather ahead ....  which is the weather forecast for later today.    I’m hoping my washing will be dry, and still on the line, by then.

21.00     We’ve had a good mix of weather today, bright, then rain, that  followed by Scotch Mist after the wind dropped;  then the wind began to increase again bringing with it,....  squally showers.   I had intended going down to the beach to catch the sunset sky, but a heavy shower came over us at the crucial time....  I made a cuppa
Earlsferry beach
instead.    We are in for a wild night here;  it’s a case of, ‘batten the hatches’ and orf to bed to read my book.   It’s little consolation knowing that the forecast is worse for the West and North of Bonnie Scotland.
I enjoyed the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Lunch’, the soup (mushroom) was superb, as was the rhubarb crumble;  however, although the chat was great there was nothing in the way of juicy gossi ... er news.    As far as I can make out there’s nothing happening, anywhere;  except at Ivy Cottage where the apple tree has earned a reprieve... it has produced 24 apples this year!    They look like apples should look, but they are ‘soor’ blighters....  good for Eve’s Puddings... and Apple Crumbles... with lashing’s of added sugar!  
Jimmy and I went to Leven in the afternoon;   I wanted to get one of those wee compressors for blowing up car tyres, Jimmy want some light bulbs.   The weather was
Ivy apple
foul on the way along to Leven, but it was quite nice on the way back.    Unfortunately, this wasn’t a very fruitful ‘mission’;   Jimmy bought one light bulb, and, because it wasn’t in stock, I have to pick up my compressor thingy tomorrow, or Friday.   We never even went to Sainsbury’s....  for anything!   
Wellll ... that’s another day, to add onto the 28,679 that I have already bumbled my way through, on lovely Mother Earth.    They seem to be passing faster now... but maybe that’s because I’m moving slower!

Photographs : Top and Middle ... the beach this morning, and Bottom – an Ivy apple.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....