Autumnal Solstice ......

22nd September 2016 (Thursday) .... the Autumnal Equinox, and the first day of Autumn, when day and night are of equal length;   from now the night’s get longer until the Winter Solstice on Wednesday the 21st December.... then we look
Elie this morning
forward to Spring.    Forget winter ... it’s too cauld and wet usually.

09.00   It was raining when I first looked out this morning, but the rain has moved on, leaving us with blue patches, intermingled with grey, in the sky now;   a nice day ahead.    I won’t be able to do much in the garden this morning today, because everything is wet;   this means I’ll be able to take ‘time’ out’... lucky boy.

21.30     It has been a ‘nice’ day,... in all ways.    This morning I did a wee bit of ‘work’ stuff .... I felt a ‘weakness’ developing after about five minutes ‘hard work’ (looks impressive ... the words ‘hard’ and ‘work’ together ... here they are again;  “hard work”) so I thought “Albert my boy .... you’d better get the bike out and go for a relaxing run!”    I did this... and felt much better!   In fact I’ve been ‘relaxing’ for most of ‘today’.  

 My first ‘relaxing run’ was up to Chapel Green where I intended having my morning coffee on the Boss’s Seat, but I’d left the flask in Ivy.    Jimmy appeared... he seems to morph out of the stone wall nowadays;   and we sat on “Alice’s Seat” admiring the view, and discussing the merits of being ‘me’.... as in ‘Me’...  Albert!    We didn’t linger on this subject long.... being as being ‘me’ is a tricky’ job, and more or less meritless!     I went orf to Ivy to put on the kettle, Jimmy would follow in his car.   
SEDCO 711 - drilling rig moored in Largo Bay
Somewhere in between, Chapel Green and Ivy, Jimmy met Shona, who was out on her bike, so she joined us at Ivy for our morning cuppa.    The three of us then discussed the merits of being ‘me’... again, ... and came up with the same answer.   Basically, being ‘me’, is a step into the unknown every morning;  in spite of all the ‘plans’ I make.

Jimmy and Shona took orf, leaving me to contemplate the stress of having to be ‘me’, on my own.   I fell asleep in the Hutte .... and woke up, starving.  I ate something... and felt better.

The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was excellent .... Honor had an interesting newspaper cutting all about the history of ANZAC biscuits:  I write ‘Honor had’ because I have the cutting
Earlsferry this evening
now.    Honor’s table was very quiet today... Lexie’s was not.

Plan for tomorrow:  not yet formulated!     The weather is forecast to be ‘gorgeous in the morning ... less gorgeous in the afternoon, with rain (perhaps) in the evening.   There are 93 days left until Christmas ... all of them shopping ones.

Photographs : Top – Elie this morning.    Breakwater House (the white one, was very important to Jimmy and me when we were sailing;  we aimed for it when coming back from North Berwick! ... Middle – SEDCO 711, the north most drilling rig anchored in Largo Bay, and Bottom – Earlsferry this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....