"9/11" Anniversary .....

11th September 2016 (Sunday) ......11.00     “Floo’ers o’ the Forest”   in memory of all those murdered, in the horror attacks of “9/11” fifteen years ago.    My thoughts are will all those who lost loved ones on that day ... a day on which nearly 2996 were killed and 6,000+ injured.     Out of the mayhem came an unknown number of heroes who went about their duty on that day with immeasurable courage.    We
Balcarres 
salute you all.


We have a lovely day here, perfect for the Balcarres Estate Garden open day.    I went along to Sainsbury’s first thing, to do a ‘shopping’, being in need of some ‘food’.    I didn’t bother with the Cafe, as I wanted to get back to Ivy in time for Jimmy appearing after his walk round to “Alice’s Seat”.    ‘Slight Flap On’ this morning .... got to get the camera gear ready for Balcarres.

Myra and Jim ... my models at rest
22.00     Myra, Jim and I had an enjoyable afternoon up at Balcarres Gardens today;   the weather was nigh on perfect, the only problem was the wind, which was rattling the flowers around, making it hard to get  macro photographs.    However it was a good day for taking photographs of folk out enjoying themselves.     Ah ...that reminds me;  we met, and chatted to, David and Joy, then along came Dorothy so we chatted to her too.... a really friendly afternoon out.    The gardens were busy all the time;  as was the coffee/teas, and homemade goodies, area.     There was a pony drawn hackney carriage taking folk for a trip round to the front of Balcarres house and back.... I think the pony will have been glad to see the end of the afternoon!..... though it did have rests in between customers.    Balcarres was a busy place today.    Jim and I had hoped to see more than two butterflies, but it was windy and overcast at times, so ‘two’ was the grand total.    Jim got a good photo of a Peacock, and we both
Unknown lady, Jim, David, Joy and Myra
photographed a Painted Lady that was feeding on a Buddleia flower.... but the flower was moving all over the place in the wind, so we didn’t get brilliant photos... of either flower or butterfly:  However I did get some good photos of my ‘models’ Jim and Myra.   The ‘girl’ half of the modelling team was marvellous... the ‘boy’ harder to organize... usually because he was hard to find!

Tomorrow’s weather looks like being much the same as today’s... except that the wind is forecast to be from the Southeast.    I’ll make a ‘plan’ when I see how the weather is at 06.00.    I need to start the day with a ‘plan’.... but most of my ‘plans’ are ‘subject to change’ at the last moment.


Photographs : Top – a small part of the gardens, Middle – my ‘modelling’ team at rest, and Bottom – Jim and David, with Joy and Myra.... I don’t know who the lady nearest the camera is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....