Glenrothes ....

9th September 2016 (Friday) ... 09.00    ‘The Boss’ and I were married on this date 55 years ago... only she wasn’t ‘The Boss’ then... she sort of morphed into ‘The Boss’ next day!       
We have a nice morning... in fact  was really bonnie earlier when I went along for the
Elie Harbour this morning ... I was on my way to the Paper Shop
papers, but there are clouds moving in from the West,....  bringing with them the rain that is forecast for later in the afternoon.

Jimmy and I are going to Glenrothes this morning, and I’m trying to think of a coffee place that does not involve much walking from a car park, for Jimmy.    Anyway I’d better get a ‘move on’ ... “Jems” will be at the door in ‘nae time’.

19.30    The trip to Glenrothes went perfectly,...  and we came away with the correct form that Jimmy has to fill in, and we also know where the form has to be returned to after it has been ‘filled in’.    I was ‘taken aback’ by the atrium at the Bankhead Park
The Terrace, Elie
Fife Council office;   it is huge.    The pond at the front entrance was a disappointment;  in fact, it would be better if it was filled in, and turned into a garden.    The pond is a brilliant ‘idea’, but only if it’s kept clean, and managed properly.    That’s the Fife Council pond at Bankhead sorted!    
After we were finished at Glenrothes, Jimmy and I then went down to Dysart, and had a cuppa in the Harbour Master’s House (Cafe).    We didn’t walk round the harbour, but had a good look at it from vantage points.     Jimmy can’t walk on old style paving stuff.
The wet weather, which arrived over us about 15.00, means that tonight’s ‘Moth Night’ at Barnyards Marsh has had to be cancelled.    I am not surprised, nor disappointed,
Jimmy at Dysart Harbour
by this.    Even if the rain does stop, the marsh would be seriously wet.   The rain is forecast to move away overnight, and we are to have a mostly, ‘bright, sunny and warm’ day tomorrow.    I haven’t got any ‘plans’ for tomorrow .... I’ll take a look out about 06.00 to see what the weather is like:   the sun rises at 06.34.... if it looks like being an interesting sunrise I’ll get the bike out.

Photographs : Top – Elie Harbour, Middle – ‘The Terrace’ Elie, and Bottom – Jimmy at Dysart.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....