Murky morning ....

15th September 2016 (Thursday).... 09.30     Only 100 days left until Christmas .... but, forget that;    at the moment we are about a thousand or so feet from
The Terrace Elie ... this morning.
a sunny day ..... it’s foggy, with Scotch Mist, so not a bonnie looking morning at ground level.    I’ve been out on the bike, and the only brightness I met was, Graham out with Sapper at the Breakwater, then Carol, out for her morning walk down at the harbour.    I’m hoping that the sun will burn off the cloud bank,.... because it's murky, and dreich, just now;   it’s the kind of morning for going shopping.... or out for a cuppa. 


Elie Harbour 
21.30    This actually turned out to be a very exhilarating day for me.... I got some interesting ‘fog’ photographs of our gorgeous looking part of the planet. Regardless of the weather there are always exciting photo ‘opportchancities’ around Elie and Earlsferry.

The morning part of ‘today’ was not overly exciting, so, after our morning cuppa Jimmy and I went to Leven to do a wee shopping.... more or less just to get us out someplace.     The sky was brighter along at Leven, but not sunny.    Anyway, we did our shopping;   Jimmy ended up with half a trolley full of vital supplies... I ended up with three tubes of my favourite
Earlsferry emerging out of the fog.
toothpaste ,“Oral B Clean Mint”.... it was £1.50 cheaper (per tube) than in other shops.    I got back home to find that I already had four tubes stashed away in the medicine cupboard;   so now I have seven!   Oh well .... I like my teeth to be clean.

The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was really busy this afternoon .... there was a healthy ‘buzz’ all afternoon... with most of the noise coming from Honor’s table.    The other, or “boy’s”  table, (it had, in point of fact, more girls than boys around it),... . was more demure.     Of course this is not surprising .... boys are generally more ‘timid’ than girls.   It was a nice afternoon of happy banter... well lubricated with tea/coffee and biscuits!
Jimmy and I went down to the harbour after the ‘Cafe’;   the fog was heavy at first but
The Toft, Elie ... this afternoon
a light breeze got up and began to move it, the fog, around a bit.... which made for some interesting photographs;  and the sun was making inroads on the fog so the light was amazing.    I enjoyed this.    With the weather forecast for tomorrow morning being ‘wet’ early, I shall have photographs to ‘play’ with until the sun shines.

I eventually got back to Ivy to find Jimmy ensconced in the Hutte, waiting for a cuppa.   We had one each.... mug o’ tea.... and a chocolate biscuit.   Since then I’ve had food, and will spend the remainder of the evening playing working with photos.... with time out to Skype ‘M’.   Skype isnae working very well just now so it’s sometimes like using a phone... voice but nae picture.


Photographs : Top – Looking along The Terrace, Elie this morning, Nest – Elie Harbour this afternoon .... it was foggy, that’s why you can’t see the village in the background, and Next – Elie beach with the fog clearing away from ‘the Royal Burgh’ in the background.... and Bottom - The Toft, Elie this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....