Communion at Elie ......

4th September 2016 (Sunday) .... 09.00     The overnight rain has moved out into the North Sea and we now have a blue sky;   it looks like being a nice day for
Elie this morning
walking.     However, it’s Communion at Elie today (10.30) .... with coffee/tea/chat in the kirk hall after .... I cannae miss that.   That said, I might end up down on the beach ... low tide is at 11.00.... “iggzactly” half way through the service...... if I’m going to get down among the rocks at all, we   need a short sermon/service.    I’m orf to have breakfast.


22.00    The Communion Service was braw ... as was the Coffee/Tea afterwards.    I didn’t give the singing ‘laldie’ because at Communion you have to stay downstairs;   and I was sitting among some really good singers.    Actually, when I think of it, I was the only male in the ‘Ferry’ side of kirk.   The sermon was about David and Goliath;   the moral of the story being that...  ‘Goliath's should be wary of wee guys’.    Once again I got back to
"The Shropshire Lass".
Ivy just in time to stop Jimmy driving away;  he needs his morning cuppa, after doing the ‘Alice’s seat’ walk.

On the way to the kirk I was very nearly diverted but I did not yield to temptation:    the clouds over the villages this morning were superb, and I stopped at the Breakwater to get some photographs... yes I take the camera to the kirk.    If I’m in the car I leave it in the car of course, but this morning I was on my bike, so took it into the kirk.    I am sorely tempted to take some action shots in the kirk, but that would be disrespectful.

I went down to the beach later in the afternoon.... and again at sunset time in the evening.     On both walks I got some good pictures;   the clouds have been outstanding all day ... however they did obscure the sunset.    The beach was busy, even later in the evening;   our wee corner of the planet is a tranquil place, and perfect for a quiet walk. 

So far I haven’t thought up a ‘plan for tomorrow;   I am having an anti shingles ‘jab’
Earlsferry beach
at 09.30, but that won’t take long.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘good’, but the wind is going to be from the south east.     I’ll bike to the surgery, then go round to Jimmy’s.


Photographs : Top – Elie harbour, taken on my way to the kirk, Middle – “The Shropshire Lass” enjoying Elie Bay, and Bottom – evening time on Earlsferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....