Reflections .....

13th September 2016 (Tuesday)  .... 09.00    It’s a grand mornin’ for running’ away;  “sunny, warm humid” ....after some overnight rain showers, by the
Elie ... well, a wee bit o' Elie.
look of the garden.    The main weather problem, over the next few days, is a ‘Continental air stream’ that is bringing pollution over to the East Coast of the UK... this can give us bonnie sunrises and sunsets... and breathing problems to those unfortunate enough to suffer with allergies.  

I can’t run away just now ... I’m waiting on a phone call from Jimmy to tell me when we’re going to either Anstruther or Leven.    I’m ready for my breakfast after biking up to Chapel Green to get instructions.   Instructions were simple this morning .... “you forgot to dry the seat before you sat on it”.    Luckily it wisnae that wet!   Orf to have food.

23.00     This is a late night for me ... and I haven’t had a siesta in the Hutte this afternoon, so I shall sleep well when I do get to bed.    I’m late because I have been
Elie Harbour
busy, mostly with the camera,  on what has been a really bonnie day;   with very little in the way of wind so we had ‘reflections’.    I like reflections.   I’ve been out, on the bike, twice;  both times round the villages, but concentrating mostly down at the harbour area.    The harbour was a fruitful place for conversations today;  I met Steve, who was down there to hang out the washing on “Sundance” (yacht) after a sail to Aberdour and then on to the Forth Bridges at the weekend.   The early part of the sail across Largo Bay turned rough , hence the need to dry things out today.


Jimmy and I ended up going to the Fife Council Anstruther Office to get his ‘Blue Badge’ application sorted:  he will get his new badge in 4 weeks or so.
In the afternoon I met Tom, who had been out for a trip round the bay, and the Beacon,
"Sundance" being dried out
in “Alison”.... it was a braw day for ‘messing about on a boat’.   On the way up from the harbour I met Alan, then we were joined by Helen, who was out enjoying the sun.    We were commenting on how nice it was to see the villages busy.... normally they would be ‘quiet’ at this time.    That said, it has been a gorgeous day, and this would bring ‘day trippers’ out for a wander around our captivating corner of the Planet!
Tomorrow we have the ‘Friendship Lunch’ in the kirk hall, at 12.30;   and I did remember to get my 10 minute long Slide Show onto a stick.


Photographs : Top – ‘The Terrace’ Elie, Middle – Elie Harbour granary, and, Bottom – “Sundance” with the ‘washing’ out to dry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....