Gorgeous morning ....

17th September 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.00    We have a gorgeous morning... but I could feel autumn in the air when I went down to the beach to catch
Sunrise over The Toft, Elie.
the sunrise, at 06.49.....  I had the beach to myself for twenty minutes; then a couple came down to enjoy the morning air, and walk their dogs.    It looks like being a ‘bright, sunny and warm’ day... a day for being active, doing enjoyable things.    I have done some housework stuff;   there’s a 
woolen washing going through, and the ‘crock pot’ has been fired up with today’s ‘dinner’ .... chicken:   After the washing is hung out, I wonder? ..... should I go ‘out to play’?     The bike is at the front door ready for action.  


22.00    I met Betty Bain this afternoon!    Now you’re wondering who Betty is?    Betty is Linda’s Mum.   Now you’re wondering who Linda is ?    Linda is married to John, and they, Linda and John, have one of those huge static ‘holiday caravans’ over at
Now this is dog walking Elie style.
Shell Bay’, and I met them last year:   Linda and John i.e. ... I didn’t meet Betty until today!   The next bit will be hard to believe.   I had the camera dangling round my neck, and didn’t take a photo of Linda, Betty and John:  I must have been excited!    Anyway I did go ‘out to play’ eventually, this afternoon;  and ... with it being such a bonnie day, and the tide being nigh on full ‘in’, I went down to the harbour.

The harbour area was really busy, and I met, and spoke to loads of people.   The bay was ‘busy’ with boats, speed and sail .... paradise for anyone with a camera.    “Fidelity”, a gaff rigged cutter yacht, sailed into the bay, tacked about, and went out again.... being rigged ‘different’ ‘she’ was well photographed, by lots of folk, including a man next to me, who I thought I knew.... now I wish I’d asked who he was ... because I don’t know for certain who it was.   I am embarrassed by this.     Must be an age thing!   He was younger than me!   I thought it was Derek (Honor and Jock’s son).

Jimmy’s Chris (Windmill) has fallen and broken an arm, so has been taken to hospital
Gaff rigged, cutter yacht, "Fidelity" off Elie.
to have it set etc. And should be back ‘at home’ in the Windmill later tonight.    We’ll visit her tomorrow afternoon ... she is bound to need some tormenting!

It’s the Harvest Thanksgiving Service up at Colinsburgh tomorrow morning (in Colinsburgh Town Hall)... followed by Harvest Lunch.    This, the Harvest Lunch’ is organised by the Outreach Committee, of which I am an ‘active’ member ... by ‘active’ I don’t mean ‘active’ as in moving about, working, or doing something.... I’m more of a ‘not extinct’ member, who might erupt into action ... !
This has been a great day;   my woollen stuff dried, the food I had in the crock pot was edible.... and I had my ‘play time’     I’m well contented.


Photographs : Top – Sunrise over The Toft, Elie, Middle – this is dog walking Elie style, and Bottom – “Fidelity”, a gaff rigged cutter yacht.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....