Harvest Lunch at Colinsburgh ....

18th September 2016 (Sunday) .... 09.30     It’s cloudier, and windier, this morning... so I’ll take the car up to the Harvest lunch at Colinsburgh.    The
Part of Colinsburgh Town Hall today.
original intention was to bike up, there may be showers later;   I’ll leave any ‘exercise’ until afternoon/ evening time.    In the meantime I should be making an effort to smarten myself up..... after I have a cuppa.    ‘Flap on’!


21.30     I made the effort ... to smarten up i.e. ... but, at the end of it all, I looked just the same:  I think I’m one of those blokes that needs someone to tidy them up before going any place.    Anyway I made it up to Colinsburgh in time, and was pleasantly surprised when Eleanor told me that we were having coffee/tea before the Service.    That wasn’t the only surprise:   Colinsburgh Town Hall was set up, with tables and chairs, which we sat at through the service, with your tea/ coffee, and biscuit there to sip at whenever.     This set up made for a ‘happy’ service;   now I’m thinking we should get rid of the pews in the ‘body’ of Elie, and Kilconquhar Kirks, and set them up with tables and chairs;   it would give us a more ‘practical’ space....
HNLMS Shiedam
and probably ‘happier’ services.

The buffet lunch was popular... a lot of people remained after the Service, to partake of the various goodies, savoury and sweet, on offer.    When all was finished, I took an ‘active’ part in the Outreach thing, and helped to stack the chairs, leaving the Hall a contented ‘boy’ in all ways.

After a quick change at Ivy I dashed along to the Windmill to see Chris and Jimmy;   Jimmy had gone along earlier.    Chris has fractured her arm in two places, and goes back to the ‘Vic’ tomorrow to have her arm put in plaster.   Having steered up Chris, and cheered up Jimmy I went from the Windmill to Kinneuchar Kirk for the afternoon coffee/teas.     I spent a pleasant hour scoffing scones, and goodies, in pleasant company ....and of course chatting.

Back at Ivy once again, I got the bike out and went for a turn round the Chapel
Elie Bay - yesterday
Green.     The weather was nice, though nothing like yesterday, and I enjoyed a quiet bit of contemplation time on the Boss’s Seat.    Oh ....
 the posy of flowers that ‘appeared’ on the seat on the anniversary week of Maggie leaving me to sort out Heaven, was placed there by Linda and John.   A really touching thought ... thank you both... you are a lovely couple, xx.   
 The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘bright and sunny’ .... mostly ... with light winds.... I might go out in the morning.


Photographs : Top – Colinsburgh Hall ... Harvest lunch, Middle – HNLMS Schiedam one of the naval vessels (a minesweeper built in 1986) that has been bumbling around the Firth for the past few days.... and Bottom – two yachts moored up outside Elie Harbour (yesterday).

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....