Grey and breezy ...

25th September 2016 (Sunday) .....09.30     it’s grey and breezy this morning, with the threat of rain not far away by the look of it:   the forecast is for the weather it to turn, ‘breezy with sunny spells’ later.    I’ve been out on the bike:   I had to go up to Elie ‘cos I needed milk for my “Cornflakes”... which are in fact, not ‘Cornflakes’, but two
Shower cloud over Kincraig
‘Shredded Wheat’s” ....  and for Sunday reading I  bought the ‘Sunday Post’.      I’m feeling animated this morning;   unfortunately the weather is not conducive to my being animated....  at least not right now, as there are spits and spots of rain in the wind.    I’ll eat something instead.


21.30    Our weather has been mostly ‘bright, sunny and windy’, with some heavy showers later in the afternoon.... a nice enough day for ‘playi  ..... worki ... no that’s worse ... it has been a nice day for admiring the environs of Elie and Earlsferry.    Unfortunately I had a migraine just after breakfast, which resulted in me being less animated that I’d have liked to be.   I took a couple of pills.   This made me even less animated.
Jimmy came along for his morning cuppa and we went along to Lidl’s in Leven;   Jimmy wanted bananas and some other stuff .... I got ‘other stuff’.   ‘Other stuff’ included 5 packets of ‘cheap’ Digestive Biscuits for “Blob” and Co.... “Blob” disnae ken the difference between ‘el cheapo’s’ and the real McVitie’s.    We
Earlsferry beach
didn’t go to Sainsbury’s, choosing instead to go home, and have a cup of the ‘Ivy’ Finest Blend.... along with a Lidl’s, jam, doughnut.
Having had our lunch, the doughnut, Jimmy set sail (not literally) for the Sailing Club;   I fired up the computer to have a look at the photos I’d taken in the morning, and promptly fell asleep ... momentarily in front of the computer... so went up to the Hutte and fell asleep properly, reading the Sunday Post.    I must have slept, in the Hutte, for nigh on an hour and a half.    Anyway I felt better... I guess ‘animated’ is the word ... and went up to Chapel Green on the bike, where I spent a refreshing half an hour, having the cobwebs
Elie beach at sunset time.
blown away on top of Lundar Law, before pangs of hunger sent me back to Ivy.
After ‘dinner’ ... mince and tauties ... I went down to the beach at sunset time and was rewarded with some bonnie ‘sunset time’ photos.   The migraine is still nagging away so I’m having an early night in bed;  having taken a couple of pills with my mug of Ovaltine.   The wind is forecast to drop away overnight, so I’m hoping to get ‘up’ and out early.

Photographs : Top – Kincraig cliffs this afternoon, Middle – Earlsferry beach at sunset time, and Bottom – Elie beach at sunset time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....